Transporter HQ

Had some time today and visited Transporter HQ to look at the V2 lights.
Was showed the two types (black and silver),when I inquired when was the next available slot to fit they told me they could do it straight away .What a great service .

I would highly recommend this company for there friendliness and product knowledge.

Top service

I was there a few weeks back having SoLows fitted and I can second your comments. Excellent customer service and even loaned me a car so I could get into the local town while I waited.

Juts booked mine in to get the dreaded lights sorted, seem very knowledgeable, really helpful and respond quickly. Also doing the job for £200 better than the nearest quote :cool:

Just had the headlights done with the V2, very helpful people, very good price and bloody quick about it, say 20 minutes!!! If you are near enough frankly why bother doing it yourself when they do it for free... unless you simply want the challenge.

Anyway asked about the V3, still in testing and it sounds like more an ascetic to do with the indicators and not something that will greatly improve the light, put it this way they will still do the V2 so it's a choice thing. The new LED's they are having made are worth bothering about and should be ready by Easter, mine are on order:mexican wave:

Also saw the videos about lowering your van while I was waiting, bloody hell talk about low slung, seems impractical to me and expensive, can't think why you would but whatever rows your T6!!!

What are the new LEDs they are doing? V3 are front do you mean rears?
Ahh well, they have been over to China and sourced a manufacturer for LED's that will work on the front with the V2 and I assume V3 without causing issues and meet all regulations, they would replace the main beam which of course are still halogen and relatively short life. So I've ordered some and will replace the halogens in due course.

V3 is front as you say and what I mention above is what they said to me about them.

I too can back up Monte 1’s praise for the service at THQ - we live on the Isle of Wight but I had to be in Birmingham on Friday to collect daughter from uni so made sense to detour to THQ and see Andy. His team swapped the lights over in next to no time and also fitted sliding door step light LED and cab LEDs for me. Great service, great coffee and very helpful. I’ve kept mine with the standard bulbs for now as the new LED Andy has coming shortly sounds perfect - another trip to uni via THQ coming up soon I reckon. The new lights are a definite improvement but I think a bit of beam direction fine tuning will make them even better. Thank you to all at THQ for great service.

So today I spent a day at Transporter HQ to have some work done on my van. I'm lucky enough to know these guys personally and as i've worked on the owners Caravan a few times, i'm fortunate enough to be able to be trusted in the workshop when they are working on my T6, where as most customers will have to be sat in their waiting room out of harm's way. This for me is a total nerd out buzz, and i'm more than happy to lend a hand when needed. It goes without saying that HQ's work is exceptional, even more so since they took on Mikey, their in-house suspension guru with a huge knowledge, an eye for detail and some pretty exacting standards for the safe way of doing the insane things we want on our rides.

As some of you know, i've recently moved from my beloved 19" banded steels, to a gorgeous set of 20" Ispiri FFP1's because I fancied a total change around on my T6. My plan was bigger wheels, smaller tyres, and even lower suspension than my current B14's.
Solow's were always my natural choice on the basis that i'm a huge fan of the Bilstein shocks after 3 years of running these things on some pretty extreme driving, and they get some raving reviews. Sadly, because I am running 10" wheels all round, this option was removed from my hands because Solow need a narrower front wheel to work, and moving to an 8.5" front wasn't going to work for me because I love the concaved front and rears of my Ispiri's. So Andy said lets do a few tweaks with your B14's. It sits well as it is, we just need to get a little bit more out of these amazing and popular Bilstein's.
We opted for a rear adjuster delete, which consists of a nifty little gadget that replaces the adjusters completely, making the spring sit perfectly. This job meant an ABS cable re-location and some fettling to make sure everything was safe. Moving to the front, we dropped the coil-overs out and replaced the top mount with the slimmer 'machined top mount' buttoned it back together and dropped her back on the ground, to where the van was stuck on the ramp, which is a good sign;) Once we jacked it up to remove the ramp legs, the jack was dropped and boom, the van squatted much lower and sat at the exact height I wanted.

Job done... Not quite.

I figured that as I hadn't thrown Solow money at the van, that maybe another treat was needed, so sod it, a Revo re-map please Sir.

Now, my van is already a 204 DGS and is already pretty quick considering it's size and weight, but the 204 doesn't come without it's niggles. I find them an amazing lump from the factory, but the more you drive them, the more you notice little things like lag at certain revs, a tiny delay between peddle and power, gears changing where they didn't need to, tiny things, but annoying all the same.
Post mapping was like a different van. People often say how much better their vans feel after a map, but I often thought is it really?? Well yes, it sure is. The power is now instant, more linear, more consistent. Almost like a 204, but one without the above niggles and a whole lot more fun. I've no idea if it's better on fuel, simply because i'm still in the grin factor stage and fuel economy isn't something i've been trying to achieve. However, it has a bucket load more grunt and at lower throttle it just pulls like a train, slipping through the gears without the needle going much above tick over position.
Alongside the H&R ARB's and the VW door seal, the Revo map is right there as the best bang for your buck.

Conclusion: My T6 now sits much nicer in my eyes, drives much quicker and still, after going so Static Low, there is no rubbing or knocking or creaking.
A whole new love for the old girl.

IMG-20200612-WA0009.jpgIMG-20200612-WA0007.jpgIMG-20200612-WA0006.jpg

Good write up, the bus looks mint on proper wheels and not those rusty old metal rims ;)

I’m going Revo and a DSG remap in a couple of weeks, I’ll be very happy if the difference is as good as you say :cool:

I’m going Revo and a DSG remap in a couple of weeks, I’ll be very happy if the difference is as good as you say :cool:

What is it they say? Something about Cheese or Chalk.

Best few hundred quid i've spend on the 204 lump since buying the van in 2017.

Commercial vehicles are just that. They aren't hot hatches and they aren't luxury saloons, but you will see exactly what I mean in a couple of weeks.

What is it they say? Something about Cheese or Chalk.

Best few hundred quid i've spend on the 204 lump since buying the van in 2017.

Commercial vehicles are just that. They aren't hot hatches and they aren't luxury saloons, but you will see exactly what I mean in a couple of weeks.

I’m not looking for sub 7 second 0-60, just a bit smoother and make the most of the extra torque. :thumbsup:

Back