Transporter D+

Owain

T6 Pro
Hi,

battery/battery is euro 6 charger wants a D+ (IGN+) shown as coming from alternator.

After racking brain/googling for weeks, i have paid for erwin end now see my t6 with start/stop has no D+ connection to alternator.

Alternator has normal negative, B+ and a LIN bus (cheap CAN alternative). So a "smart" alternator.

So what does D+ indicate? Is it a control signal to alternator or a status signal from alternator?

I could imagine the LIN is used to tell alternator to ramp increase/decrease load on engine, for breaking etc, causing power from alternator to incease or decrease.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Don't we all long for the simple/good old days before all this computer shite. And that coming from a computer engineer....me.
All the best,
Owain

What

Any ignition live will do for the DC-DC charger.
As I was replacing the factory split charge relay for a DC-DC unit I used the trigger feed from the relay I removed.

The factory OEM split charge relay has a wire run from the BCM that switched to +12v when the engine is running and cuts out when the ignition is switch OFF.

if you dont want to run the wire to the BCM you can take a +12v ignition feed from the SC fuse box under the dash . . . . (center line is ignition fed)

BCM connection J519 T73a/3 as hsown here > Second battery wiring diagram

T73a 73-pin connector, black
J519 Onboard supply control unit

I think the point is the D+ means engines running where as an ign live just means key are turned (not necessarily engine running)
I have used an ignition live on mine and it’s fine just remember if you key on the B2B will try to charge from your engine batt

Super guys. So it's just a 12v signal to say its ok to charge from other battery.

After the hassle of tapping into the CAN for the towbar on that J73, I think I will take the easy option of Ignition feed.

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll get to finishing my wiring now.

Moving accross to installing the Sargent pms in our campers, can anyone provide any info on where I can pick up the d+ feed from the alternator for emc and the integrated split charge relay ?

cheers

Tom

POWER:

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread
Kit List And Stuff -- How I Done It & What I Use --
VIP Membership | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum
For Sale - Summer-weekend-t6f Limited Edition External Stickers
For Sale - T6F Flags

• Love
Reactions: mmi
Hi guys,

thanks for these however I’m after a d+ feed from alternator not an ignition feed as it is to trigger the Sargent unit when engine running for ecm unfortunately the Orion doesn’t solve this.

Cheers

Tom

The alternator has no D+ signal.... its LIN Bus controlled.

The D+ signal mentioned above is the BCM engine run signal that is used in the OEM setup to trigger the OEM SCR.

Thats the switched +12v you need.

Reactions: mmi
this:

The T6 "Engine Run" feed from the BCM is shown here:

T6-Logo.og.png

T6 - Second battery wiring diagram
Second battery for transporter ( not California)
www.t6forum.com

www.t6forum.com

+12v switched on when RPM engine run is detected.

used by the OEM setup to switch a 80A relay that connects the second battery (old skool SCR)

1590166222043.png

conection : J519 BCM - T73a/3

hi,
alternator or find the D + to connect a dc12 / dc12 to properly charge my auxiliary battery
I'm not looking for a + after contact because I have
but the d + of the alternator which will activate the charge regulator
because if I plug in after the ignition it drains the van battery
thanks gerry

T6 doesn't have D+ as such but instead there is "engine running" -signal available.
These should help:

Back