Can Traffic sign recognition and Tyre pressure monitoring system be turned on with VCDS T6.1

Glenn Board

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, do you know if on the T6.1 the two options of:
  • Tyre pressure monitoring system. Visual display of each tyre pressure is shown in the Multi-function display.
  • Traffic Sign Recognition
Can be activated in VCDS please?

If not specced from the factory then the hardware wont be there for these options
TPMS requires a control module and sensors in each wheel, traffic sign needs the camera installed to see them

I was guessing as it comes on the Highline with the low tyre pressure info as standard, it might only be a software upgrade to add this extra functionality to it, so is that not the case?

Re the traffic sign, do you think the camera would be there if you order high beam assist?

or any of the other assist option like park or trailer assist?

I was going to order tis spec:
  • 2-seater bench on the driver’s side and individual seat with ‘easy-entry’ feature on the passenger side in second row of seats.
  • Heated driver and front passenger seats.
  • Discover Media navigation system with 8.0" touch-screen including ‘Streaming & Internet’.
  • Carpet floor covering in cab.
  • High Beam Assist.
  • LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights.
  • Heated washer nozzles in front and washer fluid level indicator
  • Active Lane Assist with Side Assist
  • Trailer Assist with Park Assist, parking sensors front and rear with rear-view camera.
  • Electric sliding door driver and passenger’s side.
  • Tailgate with window, electric.
  • Tow bar removable/lockable (including trailer stabilisation).
  • Without model designation badge with badge for engine designation.

• Fuel tank with a volume of 80 l
  • Hill start assist/hill descent control
  • Diff Lock

Basic TPMS uses the ABS sensors to measure wheel rotation speed
Direct TPMS gives you actual pressure/temperature readings and uses sensors in all the wheels and a receiver mounted under the van

OK, thank you for your help, I don't think either of these options are worth the cost to order from the factory though, but on my T6 on the sat nave I had the speeds come up on the nav, so hopefully the T6.1 will also.

I think we need someone with a T6.1 to check. Legally you can start production of a new car without direct tyre pressure monitoring system but does the T6.1 count as a new model of an life cycle impulse? I assume its a new model because it has a new model code.

Even if it does have direct TPMS, it doesn't need to tell the driver each pressure. It only tell you when it's lost pressure. It which case I expect it could be activated in VCDS if it's available on a higher spec vehicle.

Traffic speed signs need a camera and sat nav which is used as a back up.

I was going to order tis spec:
  • 2-seater bench on the driver’s side and individual seat with ‘easy-entry’ feature on the passenger side in second row of seats.
  • Heated driver and front passenger seats.
  • Discover Media navigation system with 8.0" touch-screen including ‘Streaming & Internet’.
  • Carpet floor covering in cab.
  • High Beam Assist.
  • LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights.
  • Heated washer nozzles in front and washer fluid level indicator
  • Active Lane Assist with Side Assist
  • Trailer Assist with Park Assist, parking sensors front and rear with rear-view camera.
  • Electric sliding door driver and passenger’s side.
  • Tailgate with window, electric.
  • Tow bar removable/lockable (including trailer stabilisation).
  • Without model designation badge with badge for engine designation.

• Fuel tank with a volume of 80 l
  • Hill start assist/hill descent control
  • Diff Lock
The trailer assist with park assist is a good package! The reversing is amazing. Haha

I do regret not adding the auxiliary heater. Does take a while to warm up and I think the benefits of warming up the engine quicker would be preferable.

I've got the power closing doors. Pretty good as well but I do think the electric sliders would have been better.

Yes, this is why I thought with all of this stuff, the camera would already be there for the traffic sign recognision!

Back