Trades and a camper?

WHSE

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello all,

Does anyone on the forum use their fully converted camper as a working vehicle too? (i.e. cupboards down one side and then rear seats dropping to a bed, fridge, hob, sink...).

Obviously someone in a really dirty/messy trade would struggle to keep it clean enough to then use as a camper but are there any Chippies, Sparkies or other trades that have come up with ways of protecting the camper elements of the van enough to then transport tools and materials and happily switch from a van in the week to a camper at the weekend? I'm thinking about solutions to protect the faces of the units and fridge but then drop the bed and use the underside and top (covered) to store all of my gear.

Keen to hear if anyone else does it before I go to far down the path of coming up with whacky ideas!

Buy a tent. I’m a spark and my Kombi is always messy- especially dusty

I’ve been thinking about this for a while as I’m currently running an old estate car just to do the messy jobs in life.
The best solution in my head at the moment is a custom cut HD rubber mat covering the floor and sides up to say 0.6m high plus overlapping custom cut clear DPC sheet running from roof height down to the rubber mat sides. Using clear sheet should keep the rear view mirror and side windows usable.

So, I'm thinking te same with this new T6.1 LWB that I've just purchased as I need to go 2 vans into one due to lack of parking at my new house, got to get rid of the transit work van and T4 full spec self build camper and need the t6 to do both jobs ?

So, I'm thinking te same with this new T6.1 LWB that I've just purchased as I need to go 2 vans into one due to lack of parking at my new house, got to get rid of the transit work van and T4 full spec self build camper and need the t6 to do both jobs ?
Depending on your needs & circumstances you could try something like this. Probably take about an hour to swap it all around on a Friday/Sunday evening.

Hey Folks,

Would be interested to see what you have landed on for your conversion to a dual-use camper! I work for a wee company called Studio Vans up on the west coast of Scotland and we have done a few vans for locals who use their vans for other stuff - even transporting sheep! Our modular system works pretty well for dual-use and can even keep half of the modules in if you just want to move a load of stuff from A to B... not trying to turn this into a sales pitch but more just engage with other van lifers to see what people are chatting about and what is working for people.

Happy to chat and hear people's thoughts!

Cheers!

Back