Aftermarket glass is pretty cheap but VW charge around £60 each !!
Can get your replacement and a spare for each side and plenty of change for that price

As Deaky said - it looks like upper and lower plastics, and the glass.

I have bought 3 painted upper plastics from this eBay seller (dont ask):

1963caymen on eBay

His work is spot on.

Hi - just wanted to pass on thanks for this it made it very easy. I ordered the replacement parts - the parts broken were part of mirror so that helped.

I now have a blind spot mirror which I guess is a bonus too

Hi all!
Does anyone know where I purchase the main rotating part of the mirror from please? The part that bolts to the door. Only had my Kombi 2/3 weeks and already have “mirror issues”.
One my doing, one the wife’s!
Not sure if it makes any difference but mine has heated power fold mirrors.
Thank you.
Louis.

Hi all!
Does anyone know where I purchase the main rotating part of the mirror from please? The part that bolts to the door. Only had my Kombi 2/3 weeks and already have “mirror issues”.
One my doing, one the wife’s!
Not sure if it makes any difference but mine has heated power fold mirrors.
Thank you.
Louis.

I would look on ebay for parts from a salvage yard. The power folding have a pressed steel support shaft with attached motor instead of the normal cast support that you find on ebay for £10.
Plus the motor plug won't go thru the support tube so you need to de pin that block.

Been there done that, not worth the effort.

Thanks for the reply Fluff.
Is it possible to buy item part 1 shown in the exploded diagram earlier in this thread, as opposed to just the individual pressed part??

Part 1 is about 80% of the mirror,the covers come with primer and would need to be painted.

Thanks for the reply Fluff.
Is it possible to buy item part 1 shown in the exploded diagram earlier in this thread, as opposed to just the individual pressed part??

hi do you need to remove door card to get to the cable ends and ensure they are disconnected ?

yes, remove door card and disconnect cabling before removing the three bolts/screws that hold the mirror in place or you end up with it flapping around against bodywork

Hi,
I gave my nearside wing mirror a smack the other day, damage was limited to the bottom moulding. I got one from VW, less than £6.00 (great), and set about fixing it. 1st job, remove the glass, boll***s! it broke whilst prising it out. Got a new glass but the heating connections are placed differently to original, so I'm not sure of polarity now.
Can you guys help me work out with connection, brown and white.
Larry

Nearside Mirror, Back.JPG

VW Nearside Mirror.JPG

I bought a door mirror bracket off ebay, having broken the aluminium bracket carelessly on my heated but manually folding Trendline drivers mirror. The bracket that arrived was sand- cast and looked pretty ratty.
As I thought another breakage is inevitable one day, I bought another as a spare off a different seller.
This second one was a couple of £ more, at £8.99 but is die-cast and much better quality.
If you ever need one, this is the e-mail website I got it from.....

For VW T5 T6 Transporter Amarok 2003-2016 Wing Mirror Repair Gear Bracket Bush | eBay

It didn't come with instructions, the first one did.

Attachments

• Mirror bracket.pdf
    488.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I knocked my mirror off as moaned about here;

The casting sacrificed itself and broke off around each bolt. I cut some washers up to go under the bolt heads and hold the rest of the flange in place. They've been fine for some months now;

mirror broken 2.jpg

Although from the link earlier, I bought two of these from the 'Bay.... (one as a spare)

new mirror parts.jpg

Will get round to fitting in my current copious spare time....

HI all.
A nice Yodel driver smashed off my drivers side wing mirror yesterday while my van was parked outside my house . obviously he did not stop or leave details but unlicky for him I have CCTV.
could anyone tell me the part number for the aliminum bracket that is inside the housing pleaes as this seems to be the only bit broken.

Thanks
B

Back