Do you know what parts you need ?
I have an exploded view diagram of the mirror if you want it
Every part is available separately but the metal guts form the largest part and include most of the fixings/clips etc and is the most expensive by far
Give me a shout if you want anything sourced or I can send you the part numbers if required
Hi Pauly,

Likewise, just had my passenger wing mirror smashed to bits so I need to replace the complete unit. I’ve completely removed the old one but it seems I had a number of wires so I’m assuming this was the GPS, and heating function wires - I’m really struggling to find the part though so hoping you might be able to help me and provide a price to supply - it’s a 67 plate T6 Highline Kombi.

Thanks,

Steve

Send me a pm with your vin number and let me know what numbers in the diagram you need and I can send part numbers/prices etc

For the benefit of anyone else stumbling across this..

Near side mirror cover
7E1857527 (G)

Nearside mirror cover trim
7E1857603 (B)

Nearside assembly
7E2857387 (B) (A7W)

Offside mirror cover
7E1857528 (G)

Nearside mirror cover trim
7E1857604 (B)

Nearside assembly
7E2857388 (B) (A7W)

Hi all. Just jumping into this one as a scrap metal pick up knocked my offside mirror off today .

Has anyone changed the metal bracket eBay item 292495499077 on a highline with heated and motorised mirrors?

I can't see how to get the wires out? I got the door trim off ok, but the plugs won't go through the hole to get the bracket out.

Any advice much appreciate
Alan
Just finished one Alan
Are you talking about the hole in the gear bearing bush (the aluminium thing) then the wires need to be disconnected mirror side and pulled back

Hi all, as title says, my wing mirror lost an argument with a rogue branch at the weekend, the mirror and encasement is fine but the inner cylinder attachment has broken off.
Quick search on internet and these parts are pretty cheap, was just wondering if it was a pretty simple job to take wing mirror off, switch the part and put it back on again?

Thanks in advance

If it’s the centre pivot you have broken then it can be changed but it’s not a five minute job
I remove the complete mirror assembly and take it indoors to strip and rebuild but you need to remove the door card to unplug all the cables to let the mirror come off and you also need to remove one of the plugs off the end of the cables to be able to get them out of the broken pivot piece and into the new one
It’s a bit fiddly but can be done ok just set aside a decent bit of time as it does take a while if you’ve never done it before and you don’t want to rush

Thanks Pauly, unfortunately fiddly is not for me, it sounds like it’s worth me paying the professionals this time!

I had a quote for a powered folding heated mirror, the antenna and GPS reciever needs to be swapped over and the covers repainted.. That's NOT included in the price!

A shade under £500!!!! parts only

Always good to see the farmers busy out harvesting at this time of year unless they are wider than you!!

Any idea what this is going to cost to fix ? Looks like some clips have gone on main unit.

2F7F56A3-A897-4036-9E22-D8BFA01E9A7C.jpeg

F5229779-5ECD-4BCD-9704-E500FFAC8F38.jpeg

B3C6617D-EDEB-4945-8F9E-03469E811B1F.jpeg

Around £12 for the lower casing and £25 for the upper ready to paint. Plus vat

The bits with the screws in are part of the lower casing. Not sure on the glass

Back