Traction Control - ESC/ASR & HDA switch retrofit

Cheers for all your comments. We travel to Austria every year and this will be the Kombi's first outing. That button with the squiggly line under is what my old 5.1 had and with it switched off and snow tyres fitted never had a problem.. silly me just assumed that the new kombi would be the same.. who knows maybe it will be better?? I've checked on the DIS and can't see anything there..

Full of surprises this new kombi..

This was my first brand new vw so it's a learning curve m8 but will learn what I need and don't need on the next one ,might just go for a Cali next time :thumbsup:but will always opt for 4motion

Well it's a very nice first VW van you've got!
Our last one was very specced up; this time around we had a better idea of what we do and don't need so specced it accordingly but more lightly. Some options like the satnav were bloody annoying!

4motion is essential IMO; so versatile and a bit of a bargain I reckon.

Well it's a very nice first VW van you've got!
Our last one was very specced up; this time around we had a better idea of what we do and don't need so specced it accordingly but more lightly. Some options like the satnav were bloody annoying!

4motion is essential IMO; so versatile and a bit of a bargain I reckon.
Well thank you m8 I do love my van , I carnt get use to the sat nav so reverted back to my widescreen tomtom, didn't think I would use the heated seats but they are a godsend when you've been camping in the tent and feel damp and yucky , app connect probally won't use it, so will spec it accordingly next time I think

From my experience TC is good point in T6. Never feel the need to switch it off, But on a slippery roads like this from today journey it is a Must.

IMG_7243.JPG

I have it and used it twice so far, only 2 months old. Not sure if I 'needed' it but thought what they hell. Sounds and feels really strange.

.. message ends ...

@Chickybumps I think this can be done having a search on the net they have done this on the golf,passat,jetta and other vw some need coding in through vcds and others just need hard wiring in
what you need is your abs scan through vcds and some one elses who has this installed, if the modules are the same
hears a link for the golf How to retro-fit an ESC OFF / Traction Control Button to a MK7 Golf - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum
and the jetta VWVortex.com - Traction Control Button Retrofit Kit on a 2014 SE 1.8TSI?

@Shaw your an absolute legend. I've had a quick read up on the link and also agree that it could be possible. I'll keep you all posted.

Don't know if it's relevant but it says petrol TSI at the end
Hope it works on TDI as well
Good find

It definitely works on mine to the amussusmet of my neighbour putting her bins out

Do you do it with the engine running or not? It sounded like not from the video, but your post is making me think otherwise

No just the ignition on. I was very sceptical and then pleasantly suprised when on the 5 press of the pedal it pinged up. If you press the pedal a further 5 times it reactivates it as I assume turning the ignition off will do.

Back