Traction Control - ESC/ASR & HDA switch retrofit

Try this.

Can you explain what you did here? Emergency flashers, push the brake five times, and then...? Do you have to have the multifunction wheel to make this work?

Not being able to turn of ESC is a bit annoying as I sometimes need to get up petty bumpy, steep and twisty roads covered in snow where electronics rarely do any good. And sometimes i just want to play around in an empty parking lot :rolleyes:

Not brake but accelerator.
MFSW is not required for this trick.
And if you need ASR OFF,
why don't you retrofit the switch?

It's a 4motion, so I have the switch for ESP. Turning off ESP helps, but i want everything off if at all possible. Is ESP and ASR the same thing? I thought ASR was ESC, and that was what you turned off in the video?

I may just be really confused...

So I've been reading a little and i think I got my confusion figured out.
ASR= traction control, cuts engine power (and uses ABS?) to stop wheels from spinning. Can be switched off with the button on the dash when installed, or other tricks if not.
ESP= Stability control, uses ABS and ASR functions to to stop the car from sliding sideways. This can not easily be turned off, but possibly by pulling and reinstalling fuse while engine is running? This is the one I'm looking to turn off.

I think part of my confusion comes from the symbol on the button. My previous car had the exact same symbol on the button but turned off both ESP and ASR when it was pressed (and you were not going over 60kph).

ESP - Electronic stabilisation program ("older" name)
ESC - Electronic stability control ("newer" name)

ESC and ESP are effectively the same thing.
Just a different name but both are traction control systems.
ESC/ESP is a very sophisticated safety system which uses several specific sensors
and improves traction/road handling during driving.
Currently required by law for all new vehicles sold in majority of Europe.
Additionally driver is not allowed to disable functionality of such a system
by means of a simple push button.

ASR - acceleration slippery regulation

ASR is a very basic version or a subsystem of ESC/ESP
which basically prevents driving wheels from spinning during acceleration only.
ASR applies brakes on the wheels which loose grip and/or reduces engine output power.

On our T6s dash button deactivates ASR only
but the "trick" in my video temporarily disables whole ESC system.

ESP - Electronic stabilisation program ("older"name)
ESC - Electronic stability control ("newer" name)

ESC and ESP are effectively the same thing.
Just a different name but both are traction control systems.
ESC/ESP is a very sophisticated safety system which uses several specific sensors and improves traction/road handling during driving.
Currently required by law for all new vehicles sold in majority of Europe. Additionally driver is not allowed to disable functionality of such a system by means of a simple push button.

ASR - acceleration slippery regulation

ASR is a very basic version or a subsystem of ESC/ESP which basically prevents driving wheels from spinning during acceleration only.
ASR applies brakes on the wheels which loose grip and/or reduces engine output power.

On our T6s dash button deactivates ASR only
but the "trick" in my video temporarily disables whole ESC system.
Thanks for the clarification.

[QUOTE = "Robert, post: 373537, membro: 4424"]
ESP - Programma di stabilizzazione elettronica (nome "vecchio")
ESC - Controllo elettronico della stabilità (nome "più recente")

ESC ed ESP sono effettivamente la stessa cosa.
Solo un nome diverso ma entrambi sono sistemi di controllo della trazione.
ESC / ESP è un sistema di sicurezza molto sofisticato che utilizza diversi sensori specifici
e migliora la trazione / manovrabilità su strada durante la guida.
Attualmente richiesto dalla legge per tutti i veicoli nuovi venduti nella maggior parte dell'Europa.
Inoltre, al driver non è consentito disabilitare la funzionalità di un tale sistema
tramite un semplice pulsante.

ASR - regolazione scivolosa dell'accelerazione

ASR è una versione molto semplice o un sottosistema di ESC / ESP
che sostanzialmente impedisce alle ruote motrici di girare solo durante l'accelerazione.
ASR applica i freni sulle ruote che perdono aderenza e / o riducono la potenza del motore.

Sul nostro trattino T6 il pulsante disattiva solo l'ASR
ma il "trucco" nel mio video disabilita temporaneamente l'intero sistema ESC.
[/CITAZIONE]
Ocean 2017 2.0 TDI.... non funziona..!

Hi Robert,

im a complete novice at this but keen to give it a go. I have all the parts from reading your posts. How do I run the wires through to the abs controller? Do I need to do any coding afterwards? Thank you.
See below.
Have a read through these posts and let me know if you need anything else.
I bought 2 new switches (7E0927134B & 7E0941435D)and 2 second hand plugs(4D0971636? I had to trim some notches)
with 000979009E pre-crimped wires and paid in total approximately €40=£36;)

Then everything wired in and applied the following coding to the ABS unit.
Traction control off - Byte 15 bit 6 from 1 to 0 (already mentioned here by Dennis)
Hill descent assist - Byte 6 bit 1 from 0 to 1 & Byte 14 bit 6 from 0 to 1 (credit to @dnoermann again)

Happy working there.
It is a pain in the ass work to get the cabling done.
The Cable is going throught a already hole beetwin indoor's and the Engine. I made a smal hole into the plastic part that was closing that hole.
Tricky part is to access the ABS Connector.
I dismounted everythink around it.
But i am Left Hand driving :)
With Right Hand driving it is probably easier ?

Agree, RHD seems to be easier, see below.
View attachment 56885

View attachment 56884

OK, so Traction Control button :

View attachment 62732

Was hill decent fitted as standard on some models or sold as an option. I don’t see it listed in the options list ?

Will any button work ? I just couldn’t find oem ones and want to try retrofit when waiting for them

Back