Traction Control - ESC/ASR & HDA switch retrofit

First of all:
You need to be able to Read and Write the Firmware of the EDC17CP20
For this there are tools on the marked.

I am using VCP with EDC17 Boot plugin, for this the ECU needs to be open.

Second: you need to know what Byte to change, to enable the CAN Bus Message: Motor_Bremse ENGBRK
This is different in every Firmware Version, but i can help to find it
What tools do i need exactly ? I have vcds, vcp, odis, ktag, kess( only can do virtual reading i think) and can barrow avdi , arbites vs.
will i lose my tune on firmware write ?
Is there any possibility of that can message already enabled by chance :)
Thank you

Attachments

• Log-06CTYRROOFERROR-WV2ZZZ7HZGH008151-194040km-120570mi.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 18
Wiring is very simple. All you need to do is to connect PIN 4 and PIN 6 from ABS unit to TCS switch contacts. And then steal illumination from one of neighbouring switches.

What are the cables (colours) that I need to steel illumination? gray/blue and brown?
Also, can you please posting a pic of the cabling you did to steal the feed from another button? I want to make sure I'll do it in safe way

Thanks!

I am away and I don't remember cable colours. Just use volt meter or test lamp and keep on switching your side light ON/OFF and you will figure it out very quickly.

Reactions: mmi
What are the cables (colours) that I need to steel illumination? gray/blue and brown?
Also, can you please posting a pic of the cabling you did to steal the feed from another button? I want to make sure I'll do it in safe way

Thanks!
Yes, Grey/Blue trace is illumination +ve. Brown is -ve

Looking into HDC addition for my T6.1 4Motion with diff lock and trailer prep.

This is the coding for module 03 Brakes
31 55 67 52 48 48 EE 85 8C 57 E6 AC 12 69 77 26 39 23 24 B8

Whilst the codes I have in bytes 6 and 14 don’t match earlier discussions, I do have Byte 6 Bit 1 and Byte 14 Bit 6 both = 1.

This suggests to me HDC is already coded, and I just need to get a switch and connect as shown upthread?

hi

i'm trying to retrofit HDA on my t5.2 with
ABS unit 7E0907379Q
307EC098656386820C7C037FA68361A6780000

short circuit abs pins /6 (black) and /8 (yellow) and have no indication on abs pin /14 (grey wire)

i flashed my dashboard, it has no HDC icon at all
sniffing CAN codes to reverse it to wire by canny is not a right way i suppose
any success at patching abs firmware to get led indication back activated? @dnoermann

Have a read below.
Probably, but there is no way to get that indicator in the Switch to be illuminated via that Grey Cable from ABS.
In 2019 Scematic VW removed the grey cable.

I did the Test with a 2013 T5.2 Premium Cluster.

Works :)

And you realy dont need the Visual sign in the Cluster.

You will feel when the HBA is breaking ...

Reactions: mmi
yes i've read whole thread thx
you have can codes received from abs when activated, deactivated? i will try to emulate grey wire with Canny to get this indication if no other way
i like everything indicated

you have can codes received from abs when activated, deactivated?

I don't have it, but for shure it can be Asked via Diagnose Can Frames at ABS.
There is a Meassure Value which can be Monitored via VCDS VCP ODIS etc.
Simply sniff the Communication and replicate it.
I think the MK100 ABS in T6 speeks UDS, like the Cluster, so you can use most if my code from car-tools/PQX5_Kombi.py at master · dnoermann/car-tools
and use UDS_ReadDataByIdentifier Function to get the Value.
And if MK100 only speeks the Older TP.20 Protocols than the code from Hacking a VW Golf Power Steering ECU - Part 1 will help, he did a full TP2.0 implementation

I’ve read through the whole thread and may have missed it but has anyone got the part number for the ABS module connector terminal crimps?
Would like to add hill descent.

Back