TPMS: Anyone know how to add additional tyre sizes to MFD?

Does the one selected in the photo still cause pressure warnings? I’m fitting 245s to my van when it comes. I heard of someone on a Facebook forum who had his local VW van centre add a custom setting because he was using 20in so maybe ask your local dealer

Does the one selected in the photo still cause pressure warnings? I’m fitting 245s to my van when it comes. I heard of someone on a Facebook forum who had his local VW van centre add a custom setting because he was using 20in so maybe ask your local dealer
Hi, selected one doesn’t throw out a warning (although speedo is a good 5% out on actual GPS road speed). My big concern is it will cause an issue with the adaptive cruise control - not had a long enough journey yet to confirm.
when I had it set on the factory 205/55 R16’s it didn’t want to play nice and would throw up a warning and deactivate it.

I know in the owners manual it says that you can have your VW technician addd custom settings to the tyre pressure ...but it doesn’t mention the option of adding alternative tyre sizes ...which I guess will still leave the problem of speedo error and perhaps ACC issue. I don’t know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think you need some coding to but its not VCDS.

@Deaky is your man for info on this. I can't find his message where he explained what needs to be changed and how its done. I'm sure he'll enlighten us again !!!

Ok so i possibly learnt something here.

I was going to ask - I plan on putting AT tyres on my T6.1 (which i havent got yet) comes with 205/65/16 have played around with a tyre size calculator that gives various percentages off, but i am not really sure how far off accurate actual speedo is so it all seems a bit of a guess. so i thought i would just ask what size AT tyres you were running and how true to actual (GPS?) speed they are.

On the bit i learnt - my 6.1 has the updated media and Digital dash so looking on that pic above you can just select the new tyre size and Bingo all is good.
is that correct :)

On the bit i learnt - my 6.1 has the updated media and Digital dash so looking on that pic above you can just select the new tyre size and Bingo all is good.
is that correct :)
I was hoping it would be the case, but unfortunately it's not. I've tested it myself in preparation for adding some bigger wheels and tyres, and the settings only affect the expected tyre pressure for TPMS, and have no effect on either the speedo or the odometer.

Having lived with my t6.1 with tpms for about 5 months now. The updated media and digital dash does not take into account oversize AT tyres- you only get the choice of 4 or 5 OE supplied tyre sizes. I chose the ones nearest to my rolling diameter - and tyre pressures. It leaves mine overinflated by 2-4psi .. not terrible, but stops the van throwing up a low pressure warning and disabling the adaptive cruise.
I’ve read on here that some dealers can add or adjust to the settings .. but as might be expected, when asked, the technicians at my local VW dealers stared at me like rabbits in the headlights…
The speedo error is approx 7% below actual GPS road speed with 17” BFG’s fitted.

Is there a definitive answer to this, im running on 20" and they are way too overly inflated for me, i have VCDS if that helps anyone?

@Rislar
I had main dealer lower the set pressures on my TPMS menu when van went in for some warranty work.

The master tech (JCT600 CV York) told me that VW UK tech have to transfer the modified file directly to the van they couldn’t do it themselves directly in house.

He also suggested they couldn’t ‘add’ tyre sizes to the system after the van has been taken out of transport mode from the factory (ie when PDI’d)

Whether this was just BS cos they don’t like doing it as it takes ages I dunno ‍❓ but they stopped my system warning of low pressures on 20”s.

Also in my case 235 Michelin Lat X 17”s, but only by editing the Custom size line already on my TPMS menu not adding an additional size if that all makes sense.

According to this thread below you can add an 'Individual' tyre profile using VCDS

Does anyone have knowledge of what coding is to be used??

I know Chris @Dav-Tec can add tyre profiles.
You generate a file which I think he uses VCP to upload to the van.
IIRC it's easier with VCP, I don't know whether VCDS can actually do it

Back