Towbar Wiring

lovro

Hi There ,
I red all the towbar treads but didnt found those few answers.
I bought a genuine vw towbar kit for a T6 2015 , it seems to be the same as the westfalia .
The connection to the front fusebox ,the point 17 in the instructions, is it supposed to remove the camber 30 or the camber 22 for the T6 ? Can anybody confirm the camber 30 is the right thing to do?
thanks.
Also under one of the seats I have a connector that belongs to this wiring kit but the explanations didnt mention this one . Its a black connector with a yellow and brown/white wire , do you know what is the porpose of that one
Thank you

Lovro

IMG_9635.jpeg

Can you post up the instructions you are looking at?

Regs the plug under the seat,i believe this picks up on a fog light feed. Some early vehicles need it, later ones obtain status from the can bus instead.

The point 17 is now the problem . I have a blue/black wire to insert in the fuse box in a camber 22 or camber 30 but on both positions there isn't a blue/black wire.
On chamber 22 there is a 5A fuse with a red wire and 12v stady output . On the chamber 30 there is a 10v fuse with a thin red/white line .
A blue black wire in the fuse box is in a complete different position .

20170826_160411.jpg

20170826_160427.jpg

20170826_160431.jpg

Reading those instructions I would say ignore chamber 22. The instructions say chamber 22 for a T5 GP, but you've got a T6, so chamber 30 is correct for you. It doesn't say what colour the existing wire going into chamber 30 is, it just asks you to remove it, plug it into the 1-pin housing on your harness. Plug your black/blue wire into chamber chamber 30 and then connect the one pin housings together.

ok..so i think they are trying to pick up on an ignition live feed to power the tow bar module.

How interpret those instructions (which i agree are confusing!) is if you have a T5..use fuse 22, if t6 use fuse 30 (and on the 3rd line where it mentions 22, it really mean 30). The reference to the black/blue wire is from the towbar harness and not the the vehicle wire colours.

i was a bit slow typing there...but it sounds like we are all in agreement!

as an electrical guy, i'd much rather a wiring diagram and an end goal as opposed to the painting by numbers approach some instructions take...which as demonstrated here can be confusing.

Back