Towbar electrics retro fitment

Gadgets

T6 Pro
when a towbar is retro fitted with the 13 pin socket with factory rear parking sensors and camera highline alarm.
Regarding the charging of the onboard battery in the Caravan. Does the T6 have to have a fancy CTEK split charger or does the battery charging go through the caravans onboard charging system?
I presume T6 will need coding to turn off rear sensors and tell the camera the trailer is connected. The alarm sounds on factory fitted towbar a but not sure if that will be a feature of retro fitment. ?

As long as you use a proper vehicle specific wiring kit with the correct module etc it performs exactly as a factory fitted unit.
Mine is a retro fitted detachable Westfalia kit and connecting to it disables rear fog and parking sensors and ties in with factory alarm so unplugging with alarm set triggers it

The kit draws power from the engine battery to send to connected equipment but has a timer box in line with it that shuts down the power line after a preset (adjustable on mine) time after key off so connected equipment will not leave you stranded with a flat battery

Back