Tow bar electrical installation

Simon66

Hello all,

My panel van that is currently away being converted has a tow bar but no electrical connection for it.

The plan is to get it wired in at a later date but I'm now wondering where the electrics for the tow bar would plug into the rest of the van and if they'll be accessible after the conversion given all the carpeting and units etc that are being installed.

Presumably it needs to plug in a manner so that the van knows about it and disables the reversing sensors too?

Thanks for any advice...

I would get the wiring in now I ran mine inside the vehicle I know a lot of people end up having to have it underneath after conversion also go for the vag wiring does make it a lot easier

Here fitted it underneath. You can neatly get the cables away there, no problem. Got mine from Brink, no problems (sensors, camera etc.), VCDS compatible.

When we retrofit with the correct kit, it always goes underneath the vehicle and is well protected.

Thanks all. Sounds like there's no rush :)

Oli @ BMVS you're already on my list for suspension installation so good to know you can do the tow bar too!

Thanks all. Sounds like there's no rush :)

Oli @ BMVS you're already on my list for suspension installation so good to know you can do the tow bar too!

Thanks, we pretty much cover it all for transporters, bar camper conversions

Back