Touch Up paint

Vkerr

Trumpton
T6 Pro
IMG_20191219_152401.jpg so ordered new mudflaps online which look much better than the original, but looking ideas of what to do with the screw holes which will be left after I remove the old ones.
Do I just carefully fill the hole then touch it up and give it a buff up.

View attachment 56669 so ordered new mudflaps online which look much better than the original, but looking ideas of what to do with the screw holes which will be left after I remove the old ones.
Do I just carefully fill the hole then touch it up and give it a buff up.

You could, but it might not look very good.

The holes might need plastic welding, then rubbing down and painting. I agree with your choice to remove them though, and I think the fact that VW drill holes in the rear bumper is why many people opt for no flaps at all. Your new ones look much better.

How about colour matching some small flat caps or small dome head screws and fixing them in the holes.
Appreciate it would be seen but far the cheapest option and if it looks bad you've not spent much trying it.
Just a thought!

Love those mudflats, so much nicer than the factory items. Thanks for the heads up on these.
Looks good how you’ve covered the holes now.

Love these, got me thinking about swapping mine. The OEM ones fit crap at the front and rear and just trap leaves/mud. Those stickers will do me till I get the bumper repainted in summer.

We can play spot the spot at Telford, see if we can join the dots and make a pretty picture :whistle:
I wont be done by then. Needs to get warmer first ;).
You can do that with all the stone chips on the bonnet and the paint imperfections on the sides. I need to ask you about arguing with VW about those as you got yours sorted.

I wont be done by then. Needs to get warmer first ;).
You can do that with all the stone chips on the bonnet and the paint imperfections on the sides. I need to ask you about arguing with VW about those as you got yours sorted.

I will have a look in the flesh and see if it's the same issue I had.

Vkerr - I might get some of those but did they fix straight to existing holes or did you need to drill any new ones. Thanks.

Back