Top mount bearing issues.

cy294

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Please help. I am now at my wit's end!

Within the last few months, I have lowered our T30, on 40mm Cobra springs. At the time, I changed the top mounts for Meyle ones, the drops links and also the rear rubber cups.

Since, then, I have had issues with the top mount bearings going and have replaced two of them already. I am now at a loss as it has happened again.

Can anyone please help, as I am now regretting lowering the bloody thing and wish I had never done it. As 8 am constantly listening out for creaking or clicking noises when either going over bumps or reversing or turning at slow speeds.

TIA, a dejceted T6 owner.

I've never heard of anyone post an issue like this before. The only issue have heard of is the rubbers splitting when people have machined the aluminium plates to get a bit lower.

I've never heard of anyone post an issue like this before. The only issue have heard of is the rubbers splitting when people have machined the aluminium plates to get a bit lower.
Thanks for the reply. I went for replacement Meyle one which I believe are a straight swap for the factory fitted ones. So just thought it was as simple as that! Yet the issue is with the bearings. Is the plate and rubber mount different?

Back