Top loading fridge dilemma

McFlude

T6 Pro
I am currently trying to plan a layout for my self build SWB layout. I am considering fitting a top loading fridge beside the seat in front of the wheelarch as I think that this is the best way to utilise that awkward space. But the literature advises that for efficiency of the unit the compressor area is vented.

If I fit the compressor underneath the fridge how can I vent the area? The obvious place would be a hole in the floor but I am fitting a skirt tank for waste water and am not sure if this would inhibit any airflow from a vent.

If I vent through the floor am I likely to introduce exhaust fumes into the van from my Planar diesel heater?

Would an alternative be to run a 50 mm, or so, pipe along the back of the units to duct in/out air from behind the driver's seat?

There seem to be two options of fridge available. A Dometic from Kiravans and a Wesbasto from Evo. They look similar but the former is more expensive. I see a few references on the forum about the Wesbasto suffering from ice forming in part of the unit. Has anyone any experience of the Dometic?

Sorry I can’t help with your questions, but heres a top loading fridge worth considering. Slightly larger capacity than the others.

I'm thinking of something similar, I have a Kombi seating arrangement which I want to keep as I have a Front Wheel mount for my motorbike that fits into the seat mounts (left & centre) so fitting a camper kitchen unit on the right hand side (and doing away with the right hand seat) I need to not have any drawers or cupboards where the seats will be when they are refitted.
I was considering the quadrant cooker at the front behind the driver's seat and sink at the back with the top loading fridge between them which should put it where the seat is.
I was thinking of putting some louvre vents at the bottom to allow airflow to the part beneath the fridge, and maybe move the compressor towards the back, under the rear cupboards.

I am currently trying to plan a layout for my self build SWB layout. I am considering fitting a top loading fridge beside the seat in front of the wheelarch as I think that this is the best way to utilise that awkward space. But the literature advises that for efficiency of the unit the compressor area is vented.

If I fit the compressor underneath the fridge how can I vent the area? The obvious place would be a hole in the floor but I am fitting a skirt tank for waste water and am not sure if this would inhibit any airflow from a vent.

If I vent through the floor am I likely to introduce exhaust fumes into the van from my Planar diesel heater?

Would an alternative be to run a 50 mm, or so, pipe along the back of the units to duct in/out air from behind the driver's seat?

There seem to be two options of fridge available. A Dometic from Kiravans and a Wesbasto from Evo. They look similar but the former is more expensive. I see a few references on the forum about the Wesbasto suffering from ice forming in part of the unit. Has anyone any experience of the Dometic?
I have a Vitrifrigo top loader mounted in my side unit. As long as you vent the heat exchanger fan to the inside of the van it will be fine. No need to vent it outside in anyway.
Very happy with mine it’s very efficient and holds way more than you think as you can really pack things in. In fact I made the mistake of turning it up too much when I first started using it and it froze a 4 pint milk container solid !!

Sorry I can’t help with your questions, but heres a top loading fridge worth considering. Slightly larger capacity than the others.

Thanks. I did consider this one but I couldn't work out how to integrate it into my design with the cooker that I had already purchased.

Back