Top Gear mag - running a T6

Not wanting to look a tit before posting that, I looked at the configurators to double check what I thought. Granted I only looked at Passat estate, but the config did not give a petrol option.
Just checked; it's a 2.0 bi-turbo diesel probably very similar to the 204ps T6 unit.

Many berate BMW but at least they stick to RWD (except that darned active tourer thing), still use big engines and still have plenty of petrol options.

The passat 240 is the 204 engine AFAIK with a few tweaks outside the block

It's the western Govt' s who are to blame for us all driving ( and loving) our diesels. Imagine where petrol's would be by now if all the research had gone into them and not diesel. Hybrids and electric would probably be further on as well.

I used to convert Audi v8's to lpg with a mate of mine to lpga cert, using gas injection.. Shite off a shovel was the terminology used by the owners when asked how it went.. Other terms were scalded cat etc.... Unfortunately the councils blocked the development of the market somewhat.. That and range rovers with suck and see instead of injection blowing air boxes apart and launching a headlight in the process due to some muppet converters......

Awaits adblue delete and dpf hollow out.

A Remap can't come quick enough.

All dpf do is delay the release of particles and then chuck em out during a Regen elsewhere. I think adblue does more harm. Ammonia can be just as dangerous.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
adblue delete and dpf off and remap is already being designed as we speak/post by a performance company in the UK
it just needs a guinea pig T6/person to commit to this work being developed in real terms
it wont be cheap but if anybody fancy's letting them develop it further with your T6 it could well be for next to nothing
i am speaking to them next week
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit like people dismissing possible problems on the manual box when it disappears from the configurator eh... Touché :rofl::p:p

Bit like people dismissing possible problems on the manual box when it disappears from the configurator eh... Touché :rofl::p:p
No nothing like that actually.
Five reports mentioning DSG issues from a big car mag compared to a temporary loss of the manual from a configurator then a lame explanation from a dealer isn't the same at all.

I await a SINGLE other report of the 6 speed manual being overwhelmed by the 204PS engine.

Reminds me of that godawful "stunt" with an M135i on Top Gear - JC had praised it beyond belief, it got an absolutely scorching track time then the goon drove it at 125++ into about 3 inches of standing water and spun it. Suddenly M135i's were "dangerous" and the impact was actually rather large. Has anyone else done anything even remotely similar since? No they haven't.

But do keep trying.

Last edited:
3 cylinder 1000cc petrol gets A to B just as quick as any M , R, AMG, in my neck of the woods, sounds ok too, and 45av mpg, which includes driving around Bath.

Back