Top Dashboard 12v Cigarette Lighter.

BoroBoy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Good Morning,
I am looking for the power supply/ fuse is located for the top dash 12v supply. I have checked against the forum fuse charts and cannot locate said supply.
Also, can anyone advise what the power supplies are that are located under the passenger seat.
Photos of both items attached.

Regards,

Peter.

20200129_104000.jpg

20200129_103951.jpg

20200129_102608.jpg

The top dash 12v socket fuse is the upper large blue one directly under the large pink one near the bottom.

It depends on whether you have an aux battery of not.

Location 1. (Pic shows fuse by gear lever, top dash fuse goes below)
IMG_4122.JPG

Location 2. Under passenger seat, if you have the Aux battery
Dashboard fuse with second battery.JPG

Location 3. as reported above
upload_2020-1-29_11-24-57.png

Hi Chris,
If I am reading the forum supplied fuse diagram correctly, the fuse should be in SC40 , between the the large pink and blue fuses Sc 39 and 40.
I checked my fuse box and there is no fuse fitted between the pink and blue fuses.
I have read somewhere that it may be wired from under the passenger seat, but as you will from 1 of the photos, that there are a lot of wires under there.

Regards.

Hi Loz,
I have only 1 blue 15 A fuse at that location, which is for the centre dash cig lighter. I have piggy back fuse in there for my tracker see attached photos.
I do not have an aux battery installed.

Hi Chris,
If I am reading the forum supplied fuse diagram correctly, the fuse should be in SC40 , between the the large pink and blue fuses Sc 39 and 40.
I checked my fuse box and there is no fuse fitted between the pink and blue fuses.
I have read somewhere that it may be wired from under the passenger seat, but as you will from 1 of the photos, that there are a lot of wires under there.

Regards.
Yeah, sorry, added confusion because it varies from van to van. Mine is in SC40, I have standard dash and I don't have a second battery.

Based on your last post to Loz I would expect it to be where mine is, it sounds like we have the same setup.

Is the problem that your top dash socket isn't working, or is it something else?

Hi Chris,
I am confused now. I will check if both my cig lighters are tied into the same fuse. Top dash point is working, but I am looking to change it to a double usb socket and wanted to locate the power supply

Hi Chris,
I am confused now. I will check if both my cig lighters are tied into the same fuse. Top dash point is working, but I am looking to change it to a double usb socket and wanted to locate the power supply
I did exactly this yesterday!

I ran a piggyback 5a fuse from one of the centre switched live fuses though so that it is only on with the ignition.

View attachment 59386

View attachment 59385

View attachment 59387

Hi Loz,
I only have 1 x 15A fuse at highlighted location on pic 1, which only removes power from the cig lighter adjacent to gear stick. The top cig lighter still has power.

I do not an Aux battery and fuse box below the passenger seat.

Fuse slot SC40, pic 3 is empty.

So, at the moment I have no idea where to top cig lighter power supply is fed from.

Do you have any other suggestions I could try, as I want to remove the top cig lighter and replace it with switchable usb socket.
Cheers,

Peter.

Hi Loz,
I only have 1 x 15A fuse at highlighted location on pic 1, which only removes power from the cig lighter adjacent to gear stick. The top cig lighter still has power.

I do not an Aux battery and fuse box below the passenger seat.

Fuse slot SC40, pic 3 is empty.

So, at the moment I have no idea where to top cig lighter power supply is fed from.

Do you have any other suggestions I could try, as I want to remove the top cig lighter and replace it with switchable usb socket.
Cheers,

Peter.
Have you checked the location under the seat pictured?

Also what vehicle (year) is yours?

I checked under the seat, but there is no fuse box there. There are 5 connector blocks under the seat. My van is 19 plate.
As you will see from the photos I sent, there are a lot less fuses in my van than yours. You probably have a lot more users. My van is still a panel van, unconverted at the moment.

Good Morning,
I am looking for the power supply/ fuse is located for the top dash 12v supply. I have checked against the forum fuse charts and cannot locate said supply.
Also, can anyone advise what the power supplies are that are located under the passenger seat.
Photos of both items attached.

Regards,

Peter.

View attachment 59381

View attachment 59382

View attachment 59383
Thats the one.... I wanted tp post this in the thread as I've found it hugely useful. ts for a 2019 T32 (T6) so hopefully some help :)

Attachments

• 2019 T32 (T6) Fuse ID.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 221
So location 40 or 49 according to that diagram then? Looks like the locations identified by Loz
It states this is for a T32, does this effect the fuse locations?
Also, which USB sockets have you gone for? It’s a good idea that!

View attachment 59386

View attachment 59385

View attachment 59387
Hi Loz,
My problem is the top dash point does not work have checked sc 40 no fuse there, it looks like it is a relay point, sc 49 has fuse which is working and the 15 amp fuse under the seat is sound. I have a 19 plate panel van converted to camper with Aux battery.
Looks like i will have to get VW to look at it.

The power cable for the auxiliary battery feed often has a smaller gauge cable run back (from where it terminates under the seat) towards the fuse box.
This may be where it is getting its power from. Double-check the fuse isn’t under there

The power cable for the auxiliary battery feed often has a smaller gauge cable run back (from where it terminates under the seat) towards the fuse box.
This may be where it is getting its power from. Double-check the fuse isn’t under there
Cheers will look tomorrow

@Ads_Essex
Looked under seat again only the one 15A fuse which is intact, the cable you mentioned runs under the floor not going to lift the matting so will let VW find it. Thanks very much for your suggestion.

Back