Top Dash 12v cigar socket fuse locations [Updated]

For any poor soul struggling to get the top 12v socket to work, jimic91's discovery of far left possible location is shown in the photo. It is the second slot up. We both have 2019 highlines.

topsockfuse.jpg

For any poor soul struggling to get the top 12v socket to work, jimic91's discovery of far left possible location is shown in the photo. It is the second slot up. We both have 2019 highlines.

View attachment 202150
cheers , this is handy, as I've discovered my upper 12v socket isn't working , I'm just away to see if that fuse is kaput , also I have no fuse fitted between the pink 30 amp and light blue 20 amp ( the small square ones ) which may be another option I presume that's 15 amp ? same as mid dash 12v ?

Hi, i had the empty space between the square you describe, this location has been previously ID'd as a possible location for the top-sock fuse, but I put a blue J-case in there which didn't work. They are LONG j-case fuses if you decide to try there.
I shone a torch down onto that far left fuse run (mine was totally empty) and could just about see that one slot was subtly more bright / shiney at certain torch angles, one of my photos caught a glimpse of a wire behind that slot, which did give me a little hope that jimc's insight might finally solve my 2 year PITA.

Jimc's blown fuse on the far left fuse strip was 20amp, as is the blue j-case fuse, I just followed the 20amp theme but I do think 15 amp is adequate. Not sure a simple 12v socket wiring run like these ever need 20 amp. Good luck. let us know if you solve it.

Dang, this fuse location was spotted by goyt 3 years ago but not given its rightful place in the location diagram due to it being a suspected dealer install. Other contributors then found production notes showing this location had been adopted and LOZ said he'd add it to the fuse location info, he didn't and I'm planning on suing him for the distress he has put me through. Thread titled.

Top-dash cig-socket removal?​

Never has the t6 forum "the search tool is your friend" response to new posts been so apt.

Dang, this fuse location was spotted by goyt 3 years ago but not given its rightful place in the location diagram due to it being a suspected dealer install. Other contributors then found production notes showing this location had been adopted and LOZ said he'd add it to the fuse location info, he didn't and I'm planning on suing him for the distress he has put me through. Thread titled.

Top-dash cig-socket removal?​

Never has the t6 forum "the search tool is your friend" response to new posts been so apt.
I hadn’t seen that thread either

I have read a lot on here about the location of the 12v fuse, on the T6.1 (2021) however struggled to find it.
I tried both fuse boxs, down right hand side of drive steering wheel, and small one under bonnet close to battery, with no luck. VW quoted £300 to remove swivel passenger seat, as they suspected it was under there. Ludicrous price for an 8 bolts job! Took me 20 minutes to do myself however fuse was not there just a few electrical connectors.
After some discussion with camper-king they advise me to try removing passenger plastic foot step on passenger side. 2 minute job found one solitary 20amp fuse under plastic cover. Job done all good

I have read a lot on here about the location of the 12v fuse, on the T6.1 (2021) however struggled to find it.
I tried both fuse boxs, down right hand side of drive steering wheel, and small one under bonnet close to battery, with no luck. VW quoted £300 to remove swivel passenger seat, as they suspected it was under there. Ludicrous price for an 8 bolts job! Took me 20 minutes to do myself however fuse was not there just a few electrical connectors.
After some discussion with camper-king they advise me to try removing passenger plastic foot step on passenger side. 2 minute job found one solitary 20amp fuse under plastic cover. Job done all good
The mind boggles, congrats on solving this. Was this for your top 12v cig socket?

I'm surprised you didn't relocate it to somewhere more easily accessible.

Back