Top Cubby Hole - same on T5 and T6?

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just a quick one, can anyone confirm if the roof mounted box/shelf thing is the same on the T5 and T6? Specifically the front clip on fascia?

Early T6's were same as T5 but later ones have a much smaller opening in the front.

T5
T5.jpg

T5.1
T5.1.jpg

T6
IMG_7199.jpg

They all clip into the headlining. Here's the clips visible on mine

IMG_7191.jpg

what @Deaky said . . . . i much prefer the older one.

the new one seems cheap IMHO/

Mine is a 17MY but I'm sure it looks like the first one. I'm not at home at the moment though so I'll have to wait till I get back to check. I'm making a permanent display for the solar output which will involve fibreglassing and covering in vinyl and want to work on a spare so that I can just swap it in when it's finished.

The newer one has a smaller opening with a more pronounced lip/edge around the edge.

Mine's a 17 but also has the T5 version which creaks like an octagenarian runner's knees. Annoying as f... So im looking at replacing it with a usb port or two. There's a company at camperjam that makes sockets and stuff to fit... I think. Can't remember the name at the mo.

Looking at the photos it looks like it’s possible to remove it without dropping the headlining (as I have been told), can anyone confirm or otherwise?
You don’t have to remove the headlining. It helps to get something in and squeeze the metal clips

I read somewhere that the light unit has to come out first tho... Not sure if that's true. I've almost pulled mine out whilst driving cos it creaks so much. Drives me insaaaaane! :devil:

Yeah. Remove the light so you can get to the back of the clips.

Back