Tools for conversion

Graeme_B

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I'm pretty close to starting work on the van, my house is looking more and more like a distribution center with all the boxes getting stacked up.

Before starting taking it to pieces want to make sure I've got everything to put it back together again.

Just bought this torque wrench and want to know what sockets/bits are essential?
I don't expect to do much mechanical work, just removing seats and refixing with swivel bases once deadened and also for seatbelts etc

Any advice or suggestions would be great. Cheers
Sealey AK623B Micrometer Torque Wrench 3/8" Square Drive Calibrated Black Series: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

You will need an M10 spline bit to remove seat belt fixings. I would suggest you get a set of different sizes.
Just check that the set you buy are 3/8" drive, as I suspect some will be 1/2".

Otherwise, just get a set of metric sockets if you don't have these already.

Pete

Roller for applying the sound deadening, possible a heat gun if you are doing it in cold weather.
Easy to make one from an old 4” paint roller handle and a piece of broom handle or plastic rod, whatever you have available.

Good for trim tools, torx and screwdrivers.

Will get the spline in 3/8 and roller.

One thing we all forget is...Lighting...Working on the van this time of year it gets dark quick...so get your self a decent rechargeable LED work lamp...plus you can use it for camping :)

Supplies of wire in various colours and gauges, connectors of various sizes and number of ways, crimpers, pliers and cutters, wire strippers, soldering kit, heatshrink, tesa tape, any light fittings you are going to fit, switches too, tywraps etc etc
The list is endless.
Think about what is going to go in, and plan wiring routes and number of wires needed so it can all go in while the interior is out, some places may not be accessible if a pop top goes in so don't plan to put connectors and items that may need attention the future in those places.

We used this roller to apply the sound deadening. It’s strong as f#ck and works a treat

A good set of trim tools something like this

A decent set of torx screwdrivers something like this

Last edited:
We used this roller to apply the sound deadening. It’s strong as f#ck and works a treat

A good set of trim tools something like this

A decent set of torx screwdrivers something like this

For the price those Torx drivers are good quality, recommended.

Back