Too Many OBDii Faults For My Liking!

I think the fuse has broken rather than blown, the plastic of the holder has melted and the distance between the two bolts that hold the fuse link has increased, pulling the fuse link apart.
A good point by OBG, is the cable unnaturally light weight?

Just a thought - you haven't used/been supplied with Copper Clad Aluminium (CCA) cable in error, only mention this as some numbskull ripped me off by sending this instead of copper. It is difficult to get a good connection with this stuff - I tried then chucked it all in the scrap bin!
Presume this would mean the ends would look silver when cut? Having done house wiring for years I'd hope I'd notice but will check, but no other issues with the rest of the van.

I think the fuse has broken rather than blown, the plastic of the holder has melted and the distance between the two bolts that hold the fuse link has increased, pulling the fuse link apart.
A good point by OBG, is the cable unnaturally light weight?
Another good point but from memory it weighed what I would expect in the hand if you know what I mean. Another part of my nightmare is that everything I need to mend is halfway up a van loaded to the hilt :mad:

When you cut that CCA stuff the action of cutting smears copper over the aluminium so it is hard to tell if it is silvery. The weight and its relative stiffness makes it stand out but in short lengths you may not notice. I have vowed to never touch it again, I tried soldering lugs on some and it was impossible to get a good solder flow - crimping only methinks.

It was just me thinking off the page as it were.

That's copper then, I used Altec's Twinflex stuff. Though I used 16mm2 cable, 110A rated.

Looks most likely to be my crimping at the moment then :oops:

Thanks once again. Will report back with results.

Back