To convert or not?

19dash75

So new van should be here by the end of the month which leaves me pondering what to do with my current T6 (T28 102 highline PV 2017 silver, full VWSH, 58,000 miles and excellent condition)....

1) sell as it is
2) convert - enjoy over the Summer and then sell
3) convert and sell on straight away

The majority of the conversion I can do myself but seems from initial browsing that the pop top fitment (the one thing I dont fancy) could be a long lead time to have done.

With residuals being so high I'm thinking move it on as is but I also fancy the challenge of converting it (roughly £10k to do myself) and selling on...my question is really, would the extra time spent be worth it financially?

Would welcome anyone else's thoughts please?
Thanks

Not sure you would get your money back in as much as, what the van is worth now say £20k then stick a conversion on it mine cost £11500 with pop top fitted by skyline and the rest done by me, diesel heater, solar, smart bed, etc etc would it be worth £32k finished ?.

You might be very lucky to find a good conversion company able to fit you in before the summer!

I'd say sell it - although my mate sold his 2011 Cali with 70k on the clock for £32k a year ago and they've gone up since then, so who knows??

You might be very lucky to find a good conversion company able to fit you in before the summer!
Exactly what I was thinking, most decent converters will be booked up for months

Thanks all - think I’ll pop it up for sale next month. I’ve seen a few professionally converted vans similar age/mileage around £35k...so yes going on your £11500k costs (and my 10k was a rough estimate) there would be little real value considering the time/effort involved in converting. Time probably better spent on the new van!

Thanks all - think I’ll pop it up for sale next month. I’ve seen a few professionally converted vans similar age/mileage around £35k...so yes going on your £11500k costs (and my 10k was a rough estimate) there would be little real value considering the time/effort involved in converting. Time probably better spent on the new van!

I agree, sell it on and get going on your new van. I'm sure the buyer of your current van will be looking forward to building it how they want it too, be it beds and pop tops or cement mixers and tools.

So new van should be here by the end of the month which leaves me pondering what to do with my current T6 (T28 102 highline PV 2017 silver, full VWSH, 58,000 miles and excellent condition)....

1) sell as it is
2) convert - enjoy over the Summer and then sell
3) convert and sell on straight away

The majority of the conversion I can do myself but seems from initial browsing that the pop top fitment (the one thing I dont fancy) could be a long lead time to have done.

With residuals being so high I'm thinking move it on as is but I also fancy the challenge of converting it (roughly £10k to do myself) and selling on...my question is really, would the extra time spent be worth it financially?

Would welcome anyone else's thoughts please?
Thanks

I was nervous doing my 1st roof but it is surprisingly easy - if you can fit windows and carpet line you can do a roof.

Back