Tinted driver/passenger windows

Policemen with guns are almost as dangerous as policemen with dogs and so I always kept me hands in me pockets. :rofl:

Policemen with guns are almost as dangerous as policemen with dogs and so I always kept me hands in me pockets. :rofl:

Coppers with dogs are awesome !!.

Its always a treat seeing some low life crim with a 9 stone German Shepard hanging off his gonads whilst screaming, ' get it off, get it off '.

Not so much of a treat when it’s your posted partner though. Not quite so bad if it’s a probationer, that’s called training.
:p

Apologies for taking the post off piste

Not REAL coppers but when I was in the RAF we used to talk to the dog when the RAFP (police) were trying to act the big one.

We used to get allot of junior RAFP would try to pull rank and feel powerful, stupid things like trying to get you for walking on the road instead of the pavement coming back from the bar etc.

The RAFP get an acting rank status the next rank above their own, this is to give them a level of authority. The dog's however get the actual rank on completion of their training.
Thus the dog is actually higher rank than the handler in most cases.

Hence they stop you on an evening you turn and address the dog. Yes, you're a good boy corporal.
What's that corporal? You want a biscuit? A walk?

Good times

Right I've remembered to bring the meter home, I'll finish my cuppa then get out into the garage to do a bit more work on the doors and I'll take a reading. Anyone want to hazard a guess? I'll take a picture

Ok here are the readings. The top one is LTF which is the % of light passing through i.e. the opposite of tint %, and the 2nd number is the UVB transmission which is irrelevant here.
File 15-11-2017, 19 33 07.jpeg

In other words, the T6 front windows in standard glass have a tint of 26% from the factory, the legal maximum is 30%, and as even a clear film will reduce transmissibility by at least 1-2%, this means that

ANY TINT FILM AT ALL ON THE FRONT SIDE WINDOWS IS ILLEGAL AND COULD LEAD TO PROSECUTION AS WELL AS NULLIFY YOUR INSURANCE FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT.

So there you go, you have the information, what you do with it is up to you :thumbsup:

Yeah thanks Andys thats very valuable information, not quite the answer i was hoping for but glad i know :( :thumbsup:

Thanks @andys. Think that supports what I was saying in the earlier post. Pretty much most standard factory tints, which nowadays, most cars have, will take you close to the legal limit. That's what I've found when using similar meters over the years on various vehicles.

Reactions: .50
Thanks andys for your input.
Nothing better than cold hard facts.
Cheers.

Is it worth having clear film fitted on the inside as an anti theft device? Slows down the scum who smash the glass to gain access to your van

Is it worth having clear film fitted on the inside as an anti theft device? Slows down the scum who smash the glass to gain access to your van
I had clear anti-theft film on my last T5 front windows and will prob put it on the T6. Was on the outside though.

Recently saw a T4 owner get pulled over near work as his front side windows are too dark. The police officer ticketed him and then stood, watching the driver for 30mins while he picked away at his tinted film. The officer wouldn't let him move until the film was fully removed! :cool:

Thanks @andys. When we ordering extras on our Velle and asked Motablity if we could have the lightest tint on passanger's and drivers side windows, they denied and said it was illegal!

Yup. Imagine if the guy drove off and was involved in an accident and the cop had just let him drive off with a vehicle in a dangerous condition. Police can prohibit a vehicle from moving until a fault is rectified if it's unsafe for the driver or other road users.

Back