Time to get out of the 80's

burnercan

VIP Member
After many years and many miles, an intercontinental move means I'll be without my beloved '84 T3 Westy for a while.. What better time to join the world of power steering, power windows and adaptive cruise control?

I've been trolling here for a few weeks whilst trying to convince myself not to do it, but thus have failed and the order has been placed. In about 33 weeks :)eek:) we'll be getting a nice new T6 Beach 150 DSG 4M.

So greetings all!

Congratulations.

Now get some pics of this westie up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the t3, but with a young family you can't beat a bit of comfort and reliability.

Nice choice, nothing wrong with a Beach but then I could be bias :thumbsup:
Having just been reminded that you have a yellow beach @ roadrunner, were you in a car park adjacent to the river Severn marina (jnc of A4440 and A38) on outskirts of Worcester on the Sunday of Busfest? On my way from Malvern to the M5 I was looking over the bridge and there was a bright yellow beach, a bit hard to miss.
If it wasn't you then someone else has the same awesome taste in beach colouration as you. Can't be that many around.

The other night I watched a load of vids on YouTube of a guy with a Westy Syncro going around Europe. By the end of it I was seriously thinking of getting rid of the T6 and getting one because I absolutely love them, but as I laid in bed thinking about it I realised it had broken down in every video...

I realised it had broken down in every video...

Touché. Though, I tend to look at it like this: I have shoes for dancing and shoes for hiking. It's true the hiking shoes are a wee bit stinkier and require more repairs, but I've gotta have both!

Only time will tell if my (as yet embryonic) T6 will live to be a Frankenstein old-timer that will continually be brought back to life when it dies. I hope so, but I'm bit doubtful.

Touché. Though, I tend to look at it like this: I have shoes for dancing and shoes for hiking. It's true the hiking shoes are a wee bit stinkier and require more repairs, but I've gotta have both!

Only time will tell if my (as yet embryonic) T6 will live to be a Frankenstein old-timer that will continually be brought back to life when it dies. I hope so, but I'm bit doubtful.
Yep, if you can afford to keep both then you have the best of both worlds, I'm very envious :thumbsup:

Not a dig at all by the way, I've fancied a T3 since being smitten with this one I saw parked outside Colditz castle a few years ago

File 03-10-2017, 17 49 04.jpeg

Back