Tickover noise

What was the issue with yours Caravelle?
I wouldn't want any paperwork if i had any faith in the main dealer... But excuses are bad.
"looked at last video, and i think its not really a problem its the delay with the glow plugs warming" So on the 5 or 10th start its the same problem, glow plug warming. And while they are warming the van turns over and shakes...

And 9 days with them to make the fault worse, then the lies! They didn't even have the intelligence to unplug the dash cam's. So i know they are not doing what they say... With regards to paperwork its totally wrong, what if all your info was lost day after your warrantee run out? The fault from day one then is your problem.

On a positive been promised paperwork tomorrow.... again! But sent email to VWFS and started the ball with solicitor to handle the give back / reject.

Thanks that's brilliant and we'll informed, I've been out and about a lot this weekend and it hasn't made the noise once, given what you've told me I can hopefully get the dealership to investigate in more detail, I'm suspecting the fly wheel grabbing, thanks for everyone's help
Hi Andy, sorry to drag the past up on this… did you ever get to the bottom of the cause and fix for this? I have exactly the same, have been struggling to diagnose due to the intermittent nature and has been going on now for circa 9months!

Happy New Year!

No, sorry never got it sorted, its a very long story but I took on VWFS under supply of goods act, eventually after the intervention of the financial ombudsman they agreed to take the van back and paid me compensation, my only advice is to get the oil checked for iron, AK66 was using 1lt oil every 1500 miles, VW said it was normal !!! when i had the oil checked independently it had 4 times the recommended levels of iron, the engine was effectively eating itself, after a massive struggle with VWFS they reluctantly put a new short engine in, i only had the van for 2 months after that before VWFS agreed to take the van back, the noise wasn't noticeable after the engine change, saying that i didn't drive it much I'd lost all confidence in it not breaking down all the time. Good luck hope you can get it sorted the noise is so frustrating, sods law never dose it when you want it to.

Hi Andy, thanks for the honest response here… might have my work cut out sorting this by the sounds of it, glup ☹️
will get the oil checked as it does use a bit, thanks for tip.

fingers crossed!

No stress, how old is the van, AK66 was 2016 and played up from day one, complete nightmare, by the time it went back it was 30 months old and with a catalogue of 32 breakdowns, wasn't funny at the time but at one point i was on 1st name terms with VW Road Side Assistance if I can give you any help or advice just drop a line

Andy

No stress, how old is the van, AK66 was 2016 and played up from day one, complete nightmare, by the time it went back it was 30 months old and with a catalogue of 32 breakdowns, wasn't funny at the time but at one point i was on 1st name terms with VW Road Side Assistance if I can give you any help or advice just drop a line

Andy
Hey, it’s 2017, got it pretty much a year ago via private sale. Touch wood it’s been solid in terms of reliability, just does use a bit of oil and have this intermittent noise which started about a month after getting it. I have it booked in at my local independent first to see if they can get any indication on what / where the noise is coming from, then will plan my next course of action! Was thinking of trying to get the extended VW warranty & service pack cover ASAP, which the van is still eligible for.

really appreciate the help offered

I'd ask the question on the forum on the best service and warranty package's, so many on the market

Back