Thule Backup Cargo Box

cgtmiles

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hello
Has anyone got a Thule backup cargo box or similar? I’m thinking that we may need one for our camper but also looking to get a T5 style bike rack and wondered how well they fit together. I have found some photos online and it looks like they will fit but the box won’t open with bikes on but will it even open with the bike rack closed? Anyone got any experience of these? I have an Atlantis 900 Thule box in gloss black which I’ve been really pleased with so ideally like to stick to Thule but also would like a box in gloss black and not the black/grey that the backup comes in.

99ednmPVL1y8SAP36

Have you thought about the Thule backspace XT...

It's the way I'm going... You can have it as a bike rack, or storage space or both....

Have you thought about the Thule backspace XT...

It's the way I'm going... You can have it as a bike rack, or storage space or both....

£510, wow - expensive ( i know you can find it a bit cheaper through resellers but still pricey)

Yes, need to shop around... Think the cheapest I've seen one is 390 but haven't done much searching as it's a little way off for me... Got to get the towbar fitted first..!

O P was after thule, black and bike carrier so ticked a few boxes for him... albeit for a price...!

Thanks for your thoughts. I looked at the backspace XT too but that sits on a cycle carrier which is more $$$ than the backup base which is just $$ and I do really want a black t5 bike rack as I like the look (more $$$!) so no need for a bike rack and I know I’ll want to transport 4 bikes and use the box at the same time as it will all be needed for main holidays.

I’m not sure if the tilt function of the Cycle rack will miss the tailgate too.

I need to get a tow bar fitted also so that’s more $$$ but this is already included in my costings for the conversion.

I think I can justify all this as long as my wife doesn’t find out ;)

It’s a real shame they don’t do it in gloss black :mad:

I’m not sure if the tilt function of the Cycle rack will miss the tailgate too.

Yes, it is advertised on some websites as suitable for tailgate version of T6... and i see some members have this type of tilting bike rack... So will clear...

Hope you find a cost effective solution..!

Hi all

Anyone give me any advice please

Looking to buy a backup box 900 but wondering if it will fit under my t6 bike rack and if you can open the tailgate when it’s fitted

Cheers

Back