Thule Awning Confusion

Thanks for the fast reply. I dont suppose you know whether a bracket exists to mount the Thule Omnistor 4900 to the Reimo Multirail without drilling holes in the van? If not then the DV100 sounds like what I'm looking for.

Well - I looked for a long while and did a lot of research, and this was the best I could find. They either need holes so you bolt them up, or they are bonded and cannot be removed at all. If anyone knows different, then they're keeping it to themselves ! Bottom line is that the awning is pretty heavy and puts a lot of load on the mount points.
One thing I would like to have investigated would be to make a bracket that uses the Reimo rail (or Multi Rail) and then goes over the top to the vans factory roof rack points (or the optional rails that go in the same place). This would see it securely bolted, and not in contact with the van body at all... Maybe when I get time I'll look at prototyping something, but right now it does not seem to exist.

I looked at brackets for the Multirail without drilling and fitting rivnuts but was unsure how safe it would be.
Thankfully I got the proper brackets and fitted rivnuts and used the sealant etc. I did not realise how heavy these awnings are.
I fitted my Thule Omnistor and it looks great. The brackets also fit underneath the edge of my Pop Top with no problems.

Just to resurrect this and ask a question

Will the Thule 4900 take a drive away awning also

Thanks

I looked at brackets for the Multirail without drilling and fitting rivnuts but was unsure how safe it would be.
Thankfully I got the proper brackets and fitted rivnuts and used the sealant etc. I did not realise how heavy these awnings are.
I fitted my Thule Omnistor and it looks great. The brackets also fit underneath the edge of my Pop Top with no problems.

Hi Mike, can I ask what pop top you have as I understand there are some differences between makes and what might work for one may not work for a other?

Also just a general question about the Omnistor - I assume you can just wind the awning out a bit so that you get some rain cover over the sliding windows? Does anyone use that in practice?

Hi Mike, can I ask what pop top you have as I understand there are some differences between makes and what might work for one may not work for a other?
Sorry I don't know what make it is, but the brackets do sit under the edge of the pop top when it is down. The edge seal covers them and there is no internal leakage.

Also just a general question about the Omnistor - I assume you can just wind the awning out a bit so that you get some rain cover over the sliding windows? Does anyone use that in practice?
We do on the Cali, you can wind it out about half a meter without needing the legs down for support, plus if you wind it out a tiny bit you can access the kador slot and attach an awning sheet or other day tent.

We do on the Cali, you can wind it out about half a meter without needing the legs down for support, plus if you wind it out a tiny bit you can access the kador slot and attach an awning sheet or other day tent.
Great, thanks

the question i have if anyone knows the answer is can you fit a 5102 awning on a multirail and still use the rail for a normal awning or does it render it useless ?

Cheers

Back