Thule Awning Confusion

A&A

Looking to add a Thule awning to our T6 Kombi van & not sure which model is best: 4900 or 5102?
Also do i need to buy a separate adapter/fitting kit?
Also the van has a roof rail as in pics is this a problem for fitting.
Any advice would be great. Andy

IMG_4059.jpeg

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_4058.jpeg

i assumed thule was best as they use them on vw california, will look at fiamma.

Hi @A&A . Thule is brilliant and works with roof rail. Champions league final about to start so more information later. But yes 100% recommend. I have 4900 on SWB and roof rails.:thumbsup:

The 5102 fittings require factory roof bar prep unless you start cutting the brackets.
4900 would be your best bet, and as of Jan this year you can spec it with a T5/6 specific brackets.

I have a 5102, and it's been excellent. New van will be getting the 4900 though as it's LWB, and the 5102 only comes in one size

I chose Thule as my research revealed that Thule was the best. Also I wanted to be able to easily remove the awning from the van when not in use with little to zero sign of fitting kits.
Unfortunately, the company I choose to fit it did not go with the custom T6 brackets (despite them assuring me they would) so removing is a little more involved but that aside, the Thule awning is excellent, it works perfectly and you can feel the quality of the product when using it.
Also, and this was a big reason for purchase, it doesn't rattle or make any noise whilst driving with it fitted. I've been told by many others that the Fiamma can rattle and squeak whilst driving.
So with all the above considered, Thule is the best choice IMO.
Just make sure you get the rights brackets when you get it fitted if removing it is important to you.

I chose Thule as my research revealed that Thule was the best. Also I wanted to be able to easily remove the awning from the van when not in use with little to zero sign of fitting kits.
Unfortunately, the company I choose to fit it did not go with the custom T6 brackets (despite them assuring me they would) so removing is a little more involved but that aside, the Thule awning is excellent, it works perfectly and you can feel the quality of the product when using it.
Also, and this was a big reason for purchase, it doesn't rattle or make any noise whilst driving with it fitted. I've been told by many others that the Fiamma can rattle and squeak whilst driving.
So with all the above considered, Thule is the best choice IMO.
Just make sure you get the rights brackets when you get it fitted if removing it is important to you.
I'd be interested to know what brackets you can get that make it removable without leaving the brackets behind. Can you advise please as this would be fantastic

Cheers
Andy

I've been looking at the Thule awning as well,someone said the Fiamma brackets fit best, the only problem is they are usually bolted to the vw fitted roof rails and if a pop top is fitted they can't do that.

I'd be interested to know what brackets you can get that make it removable without leaving the brackets behind. Can you advise please as this would be fantastic

Cheers
Andy
Its a plate that fixes to the van and the awning is then fitted to that plate. When removing all that is left is a square thin plate on the van. My plan was to spray this plate to match the colour of my van thereby making it invisible.
What I have now are 4 x bolts fixed to rivet nuts on the van. It's not unsightly but not what I was promised. Also to remove mine I now I to remove all the fixings as apposed to just 2 bolts. I'm not unhappy with how its turned out I'm just disappointed that I went to who I believed to be the best to fit it and I didn't get the end result I was promised.
I'm still extremely pleased with the awning.

Its a plate that fixes to the van and the awning is then fitted to that plate. When removing all that is left is a square thin plate on the van. My plan was to spray this plate to match the colour of my van thereby making it invisible.
What I have now are 4 x bolts fixed to rivet nuts on the van. It's not unsightly but not what I was promised. Also to remove mine I now I to remove all the fixings as apposed to just 2 bolts. I'm not unhappy with how its turned out I'm just disappointed that I went to who I believed to be the best to fit it and I didn't get the end result I was promised.
I'm still extremely pleased with the awning.
Ah - got it. The latest mount from Thule with the 4900 should leave behind just the riv-nuts, which you could plug with a button headed bolt, or even find/make a grub screw for a bit more invisibility. I spent ages searching for something that left nothing, but like you having discussed with a few who said 'yes' it turned out to be 'no'. The new 4900 mounts sound the closest to it.

Cheers
Andy

Can anyone tell me the part number for the bracket needed to fit the Thule Omnistor 4900 to my Reimo Multirail? I see from the above discussion that there is more than 1 option - I specifically want the bracket that looks most discreet and allows the awning to be removed.

Can anyone tell me the part number for the bracket needed to fit the Thule Omnistor 4900 to my Reimo Multirail? I see from the above discussion that there is more than 1 option - I specifically want the bracket that looks most discreet and allows the awning to be removed.
There is a DV100 - this is removeable, but does require holes in the van. The holes would be between the Reimo rail and the channel on the roof. I'll plug mine with nylon bolts when not in use. Have attached a copy of the instructions.

If you can't get a set of these mounts, then PM me and I'll get a set for you at a good price.

Attachments

• VW Thule 4900 bracket.pdf
    183.5 KB · Views: 167
There is a DV100 - this is removeable, but does require holes in the van. The holes would be between the Reimo rail and the channel on the roof. I'll plug mine with nylon bolts when not in use. Have attached a copy of the instructions.

If you can't get a set of these mounts, then PM me and I'll get a set for you at a good price.

Thanks for the fast reply. I dont suppose you know whether a bracket exists to mount the Thule Omnistor 4900 to the Reimo Multirail without drilling holes in the van? If not then the DV100 sounds like what I'm looking for.

Back