1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three Bridges camper

Discussion in 'Camper/Day Van Conversions' started by Polzeylad, 30 Nov 2016.

1. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion VIP Member T6 Legend

Spotted this on the web and thought it might be worth posting:
    VW T6 CAMPERVAN SWB - THREE BRIDGE CAMPERS SUPPLIED CAMPER - ONLY 8600 MILES | eBay

I really like the interiors of their campers and this one is no exception but feel it's let down by a very standard looking cab and a 102 engine. They then list a power upgrade to almost 180bhp - eermmm, how are they planning to almost double the power - please don't tell me, with a remap?! And I guess that means it's 5 speed?

So it's great as a camper, looks nice from the outside (although are those wheels steels with plastic hub covers?!!) but as with so many conversions, it's let down by a low rent base van.

Could be worth a cheeky offer though if anyone is in the market for this sort of van?

2. Chopman

Chopman DJIT T6 Pro

I visited them a while back and everything I saw was very high quality and really well done.
    I guess they're offering their customers ultimate choice in the finished vehicle spec.

3. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion VIP Member T6 Legend

Yes you're probably right - for the living area space, I think they are the best looking conversions out there. Kind of need a California base, a 204 engine and 4motion then a Three Bridges living area conversion. That would be very nice (and very expensive)!

4. Chopman

Chopman DJIT T6 Pro

It would be costly but doable if you started with a caravelle.
    Most converters don't like starting with a shuttle or caravelle as there is a lot that they need to remove - I was thinking of going that route but in the end have got a Kombi as a starting point.

5. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Most converters use a window van hence the green tinted windows.

6. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Many go for panel vans as it gives them more of a blank canvas to work with plus, if doing a new conversions on an older van, as lots of the smaller outfits do, there are likely to be more panel vans out there.

7. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Well I know CMC, bilbos' and hillside favour the window van. Because they all told me I had made a mistake by ordering a panel van at the NEC last year.

8. Davenjo

Davenjo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Hillside definitely prefer panel vans - that is where I purchased from. Probably easier for them to mark up if they provide the van.

9. Walski

Walski Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I like the three bridge interiors but they are expensive.... we went to see then and talked through a quote.... £29k. I struggled to see the premium over what I've got to be honest.

BiTurbo likes this.