Thoughts for Winter wheels/tyres for 6.1 Sportline

brizjg

Want to keep the summer wheels in good condition and avoid the winter roads, what would people recommend for Winter setup, possibly narrower as we get some snow up here?

I have a perfect set of newly refurbished 18's with new tyres sitting in the garage that I thought I might use for the winter but I hate the look of anything other than the 20's that I have on so again this winter I'll just use them and get them refurbed when the time comes. Been through 2 winters so far and all good.

I have a perfect set of newly refurbished 18's with new tyres sitting in the garage that I thought I might use for the winter but I hate the look of anything other than the 20's that I have on so again this winter I'll just use them and get them refurbed when the time comes. Been through 2 winters so far and all good.
Agree with that sentiment, I've just put CC2's on my 20's and I'm determined to use them this winter! As you say @BenT5 anything smaller now looks 'pants'!

I kept my original Devonports (but got them powder coated satin black) and stuck Goodyear UltraGrip Cargo winter tyres on in 215 width. These are narrower than the 245 18” tyres I use in summer, and seem reasonable in the snow - the worst snow I have encountered has been in the Lakes and Scotland, not Austria (yet).

We’ve just removed a set of Sportline wheels off a brand new T6.1. Grab yourself a spare set and then don’t worry. One for winter one for summer :cool:

Back