Thinkware Dashcams - a question

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have a Thinkware F800 Pro just waiting for me to fit.
Quick question - the ideal is to have the camera lens as close to the centre line of the windscreen as possible. But the Thinkware design doesn't lend itself to this for RHD.
Potentially I could locate mine directly underneath the windscreen wiper sensor which puts the camera close to the screen vertical centreline - but rather low down. It would not be particularly visible from the driver's seat but the cables would.
The logical location is to the passenger side of the wiper sensor up against the lower edge of the 'hatched' section.
Have you found this location to be any issue whatsoever in terms of the camera view?

I'm probably guilty of over-thinking this but since there is a user base on here.....

TIA.

A couple inches either way doesnt make a great deal of difference in the view, i went underneath with mine (older F700/750) and removed the mirror housing and ran the cable down through the plastic trim and popped out by the camera
Its a bit of a squeeze and requires a small bit of plastic to be nibbled away to allow the cable to exit but looks much tidier

A couple inches either way doesnt make a great deal of difference in the view, i went underneath with mine (older F700/750) and removed the mirror housing and ran the cable down through the plastic trim and popped out by the camera
Its a bit of a squeeze and requires a small bit of plastic to be nibbled away to allow the cable to exit but looks much tidier

That's a good idea. Any chance of a pic of the finished result?

I have mine to the LHS of the mirror. The main body of the camera is stuck to the screen over the black etching on the screen. It's hard up against the head lining. You don't really notice it's off centre.

Mine is to the right of the Mirror mount(tag is on the left) over the hatched area of the screen with camera lens just below the hatched area.
IMG_2967.jpg

Mine is to the right of the Mirror mount(tag is on the left) over the hatched area of the screen with camera lens just below the hatched area.
View attachment 17894

Hmm..that's intersting. Looks as though they have swapped the connection entry/exit points on the F800. If I mounted mine like that I would have the wires coming out of the unit at the end nearest the driver.

Hmm..that's intersting. Looks as though they have swapped the connection entry/exit points on the F800. If I mounted mine like that I would have the wires coming out of the unit at the end nearest the driver.
Mine connects on right also

Back