Thinking of selling my OEM wheels

Vince

Hi there,

Does anyone know how much to sell VW 16" alloys and tyres for? I'm going to upgrade to some 20" and wanted to sell my current factory ones. Pics attached. Ebay the best I guess?

Also I never sold my old last ones 16" (1 x pic too), though they're not as tastey. Maybe I should just offer those older ones to a local garage?

Thanks for any help / tips,

Vince.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

old.jpg

Apparently, due to restrictive laws saying you can only modify using OEM parts, the alloys sell very well in some of the countries on the continent. The problem will be postage, mind.

Otherwise you see the alloys listed on eBay and Facebook forums for £300 up, depending on tyre life and wheel condition.

Is there much of a market for stock alloy wheels?

Mine aren't likely to go back on the van any time soon and storing them is becoming a faff. Worth a punt on gumtree or eBay? I’d sell on the for sale/ wanted section here but you lot look sorted for wheels!

I sold my set on eBay in the end. Couldn’t be bothered to store them and might as well get some money for them.

I got about £130 or so for my Clayton’s, and that was with two tyres that were well worn on the edges.

I’d better get them clean then take some photos!

If the right buyer comes along I might even chuck in my vanstyle front splitter for free!

Hi, I have a set of Clayton wheels which have currently done 300 miles. I ordered the new van with continental van contact 4 season tyres as well. Any idea what price I should put them on eBay for?
I’m going to sell them to fund a set of Fuel covert wheels!

thanks guys.

Sadly the usual "supply and demand" rules apply and there's a lot of the former and very little of the latter. :confused:
Obviously they have a value but be realistic, most of us have aftermarket wheels and a set of Claytons in the garage and the market can only absorb so many.
See what they sell for on ebay and price accordingly, good luck.

Thanks Dave,
I thought that would be your answer- I’m just trying to justify the huge price of the fuel wheels!!

It’s crazy isn't it how they are worth so little - especially with such expensive continental tyres , I’m in two minds just to leave them on as I presume the continental 4 seasons are prob better than general grabbers anyway!

FWIW, I sold a set of Claytons on eBay for £330 a couple of years ago (unmarked but with 3500 miles on them and the tyres) and he drove from Cardiff to Gloucestershire to collect them. TBH, I thought the bloke was completely bonkers but I wasn’t going to argue with him. I concluded a long time ago that some people get a bit carried away when they bid on eBay!!

Back