Thinking About A T6 Kombi..help?

Ozbar jim

T6 Pro
Hi Everyone

Im seriously considering leasing a T6 Kombi through my business.

Reading alot online about how these vans have alot of niggly faults...silly little issues...wot is legit?? And what is BS? wot should i know before i get serious?

My business partner (wife) says i should buy a cheaper van..but i keep getting told that this is the van to get...but shes right?? These are the most expensive vans out there...so why is there complaints...its a v dub...and for the money..and after all this time..surely they should have it right..or is that not poss?

To be honest i dont want her telling me " i told u so"..

Ill only be using this in town..so no more than 5k a yr prob. Seen a good 150 tsi theyre trying to shift...dont really need diesel engine surely for that amount of miles..anyway..just looking for some advice...many thanks everyone.

There's dogs out there, like any car. You'll also only hear the bad stuff as folk like to complain. I've had no problems with any vw van I've had over the last eight years. Touch wood!

I would definitely go for petrol ,if you are only doing low miles .

Really fancied the DSG model too..but sadly its a manual...is there anything i should be doing as soon as i get it?....upgrades...replacements?

Soundproofing would be first on my list, other than that just drive it, use it and see. As I'm sure you're aware there is tons you can do but only using it will tell you what you really want/need to do.

I thought the same and after spending 30k plus, it leaks through the rear windows and roof bars, and pulls to the left. Also it's a van so the ride is poor and we spent Xmas and not an inconsiderable amount of money on sound proofing, wheels and carpet lining. Even now it's not a car.....

Not what I thought for the price of a very nice Mercedes or BMW.

However, in 5 years I will get quite a proportion of my cash back, my Volvo lost 10k in three years.............so as a private purchase financially it does make sense, I would also say my BMWs, Volvo's etc have not been without problems (cars are too complex today).

But my wife wanted ours so anything it does in her eyes is fine.........

Soundproof? How much would that cost and where would u get that done? Does it make much if a difference??

It made a massive difference in my 08 kombi. Night and day. Can't remember how much it cost but I did it all myself. There's a few threads on here about materials and methods etc.

Problem is...this is a leased vehical..most likely 3 or 4 yrs...if its not done professionally..surely theres ramifications?

I have a 2018 Kombi (150 TDI, DSGj and as already said it’s not a car but it has a perfectly acceptable ride and I don’t find it noisy at even motorway plus speeds.

I went for the Edition so it has LED lights, nav, Apple CarPlay and Aircon so it’s fairly high spec but I love it.

If you have been riding around in a high spec BMW or Audi then it is a bit of a come down, saying that my last cars were an S4 avant and a 3.0 TDI Tuareg and I don’t miss the car at all (i only have the van now)

Re your question about problems, its worth remembering that nobody ever said on the internet that my van didn’t break down today, as already said people only focus on the negatives.

Go and speak to a dealer and get an extended test drive and see what you think.

Another thing that thats been on my mind is whether i should get a van from a commercial vw showroom..or zomeone like swissvans..or vanarama..or similar??

@Ozbar jim, I recently got mine from Swiss vans as they can provide soundproofing and a their own styling package in the lease, therefore you can bundle this into the monthly payments.
Pretty good service as well, they just cocked up my part ex but all sorted now.

Dumb question alert..

Think theres any reason to wait and see outcome of brexit b 4 i look at a new van? Prices have gone up due to cr@p pound euro rate...ideas?

Back