Thingssss When We Was Young!

Teen wolf, trading places, ghoastbusters, Brewsters Millions, dungeons and dragons cartoon, mysterious cities of gold, Opel fruits, marathons, half penny pieces... real mini's, 2.99 Big Mac meal... news was only on a couple of times a day, Sam fox, linda lusardi...

Playing football in the school playground. Getting the ball taken off us for booting it at girls, so finding a suitable stone to carry on the game with.

Wanting a 'racer' but been given a secondhand flat bar bike, so making some drops out of cardboard and sellotaping them on.

It is Madness. They would have a band play in the living room every episode and just carry on like they weren't there.

It was Alexis Sale that I never got. Haven't found him funny to this day. Robin Williams, there's another.

Well I’ll be darned I never really got in to the young ones and certainly never knew that they used to have a band play in their living room. I was more into Bottom. (And before all the sniggering and lurid comments start - I mean the rik mail and ade edmunson TV comedy).

Got to agree with @dubber36, don’t get Alexi Sayle at all.

Yep just as I remember, feckin annoying and not in the least bit funny.

Can't agree with you geezers, love Alexi sayle.
The revolutionary biscuits sketch... The peak freans trotski assortment!
From the Young Ones, which was probably the best TV, ever. It was just so off the wall, it was awesome. Rik Neil, Vivien and Mike.
I never really saw Bottom.

Last edited:
Back