Thingssss When We Was Young!

And red matches.

Which reminds me..
Bolt Bombs, 2 large bolts and a large nut, skewed together with a load of red match heads in between, thrown up in the air in the street, then run...

Playing football or cricket in the street.
Knockdown ginger...

Skateboard slalom around cans in the road...

Soda Stream
Vesta Curry
First holiday to France, In a coach full of Smokers and no toilet on board !!
Popping candy
Top Trumps
Pegs and Cardboard attached to your bike wheel.
School Disco
Shaking hands with Magnus Pike
First Lads holiday to Salou
Arthur C Clark
Brut

i was always chasing my mate on his AP50....until he ran into the back of a parked car!! :eek:

Phew, Hugh, Barney Magrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub. Now who where they.:D:D

Ward Bond in Waggon Train as Major Seth Adams and Charlie Wooster the cook, aka Frank McGrath.
Ain't we sad.:geek::geek::geek:

Last edited:
Phew, Hugh, Barney Magrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub. Now who where they
Trumpton fire station!

Then there was Chigley and Windy Millar.
Sooty and sweep.
Kloppa Castle... Bet no-one remembers that one.
Andy Pandy!
Bill and Ben The flower pot men... Flubba lubbba lub.

We ain't sad @Urbanfox cos don't forget we only had 4 channels of TV for a max 12-14hrs a day so we went out to play, and eat penny sweets, tutti fruity! And spangles.
Pez! Collect all the dispensers.
We played footy and cricket, climbed trees and fell out of them. By today's H&S we shouldn't be here let alone talking about it!

And another Biggie.... Who remembers trampolines without netting! :eek:
A death trap, can't let junior on one of those he/she might get hurt.
( Yes, but he/she won't do it wrong a second time!)

Reactions: DXX
We ain't sad @Urbanfox cos don't forget we only had 4 channels of TV for a max 12-14hrs a day so we went out to play, and eat penny sweets, tutti fruity! And spangles.!!!
Pez! Collect all the dispensers.
We played footy and cricket, climbed trees and fell out of them. By today's H&S we shouldn't be here let alone talking about it!
4 TV channels, you didn't half do well. Can only remember 2 circa 1958ish, BBC and ITV and the great number of Interludes because they had nowt to show!!!!
Now where has that guy Torchie the Battery Boy got to. He may be able to put a further light on things. Oh and a game of rugby was one of our favorites, on the grass verge not a field.:D

Don't forget Camblewick Green and Bagpuss and money back pop bottles

We ain't sad @Urbanfox cos don't forget we only had 4 channels of TV for a max 12-14hrs a day so we went out to play, and eat penny sweets, tutti fruity! And spangles.
There were only 3 channels, the 4th button on our push-button Phillips was tuned into the pong paddle tennis game.

Beer 48p a pint and 20 Players No. 6 were about 60p. Could go out with the lads on a Friday night with a fiver, have 6 pints, buy some fags and have enough for a Chinese on the way home.

This thread has brought back so many memories for me.
I used to stay at my nans at the weekends and always remember on a Friday night TV all ITV.
Kojak The streets of San Francisco Hawaii 50 Quincy.
Saturday morning Thunderbird's Stingray
Then on a Saturday evening for Tea as it was called then my Grandad having a huge seafood dinner crab winkles whelks cockles
jellied eels nowadays that would cost a fortune.
In all fairness those were probably the best times of my life.

This thread has brought back so many memories for me.
I used to stay at my nans at the weekends and always remember on a Friday night TV all ITV.
Kojak The streets of San Francisco Hawaii 50 Quincy.
Saturday morning Thunderbird's Stingray
Same here; used to sit with my grandad as he listened to and ticked off the football pools sheet and him moaning at me to keep quiet as I impersonated the voice of the guy calling out the results...
They also had an 8 Track stereo system with a Cliff Richard cartridge..

Back