Thermal windscreen cover - internal or external??

Sammyste

During winter is it best to have thermal blinds for the front windows as opposed to the outer wrap do you think?

Much better inside, who want’s to get out of the van when it’s chucking down with rain.

Yes very true, wondering if I should do a last minute Amazon order as we are going away Sunday to the lakes and it’s due to be peeing it down!

Outside for condensation free, but as said a pain in the wet.

Use an external one myself (polar) and it’s excellent. No condensation, complete blackout of light and keeps the van cool in sun and warmer when it’s cold outside.

Yes it’s a bit of a pain when really wet, but I carry a couple of large microfibre clothes for wiping it down, and it dries in half an hour or so with a stiff breeze or some sun.

Did look at the internal ones, but my brothers experience of condensation and mould was enough to convince me it wasn’t the better option in the round.

We've always preferred internal ones and have used Reimo ones, also have one for the rear lid although it doesn't stick well (held in place with suckers) due to the heated screen strips.

Use an external one myself (polar) and it’s excellent. No condensation, complete blackout of light and keeps the van cool in sun and warmer when it’s cold outside.

Yes it’s a bit of a pain when really wet, but I carry a couple of large microfibre clothes for wiping it down, and it dries in half an hour or so with a stiff breeze or some sun.

Did look at the internal ones, but my brothers experience of condensation and mould was enough to convince me it wasn’t the better option in the round.
Similar experience to me on previous van when we tried using the internal. will be going external again this time round.

Back