Thermal (internal) blinds - any recommendations?

StuS

T6 Pro
Having had the van lined, got it booked in with Colin for 2+1 to replace my 3 seat bench and a plan in mind for an occasional single bed, although still very much work in progress, I know need to think about getting some thermal binds for the windows for use on my occasional escapes from the family/biking trips.

The ones from campervanparts.uk look pretty good to me but any further recommendations or comments would be much appreciated.

@StuS you could do well by checking out Vanshades which are thermal blinds and blackout blinds according to wishes that are ready to fit in a cassette pod and have been used by a number of members.

@T6 Dave's Dad maybe I should have said I don't want any type of fixed shade/curtain as it will be very occasional use. Vanshades look great but not for me, it needs to be the silver screen type ones that just fit on with suckers or something similar.

Does anyone know the difference between the internal and external fitted ones, apart from one fits on the outside and the other doesn't :):);)

Internal ones were supplied with my van conversion but the external ones just seem to look neater to me.

Ah ha, I can see why I don't like the ones I have now as they are a generic fit. Those internal ones from campervan parks look good and are designed for the T6 specifically

Ah ha, I can see why I don't like the ones I have now as they are a generic fit. Those internal ones from campervan parks look good and are designed for the T6 specifically

They re the only ones I have found so far that seem to be T6 specific although I don't think there is much if any difference to a T5, unless research or this thread throws up another option I think I will be ordering a set from them in due course.

@Sean O Leary did you order from Exploria? I have just spoken to them and they have told me they don't stock them but I can order them direct and they are even cheaper. Good of them to tell me just hope you got the same advice too?

8 Piece Thermo Mat Set T5 2003–2015 SWB (With Tailgate) - J20362

It am still not sure if these are the best option or the ones that are T6 specific VW T5 or T6 Factory Fitted Opening Window Thermal Window Blind – Campervan Parts UK although they do work out to be more expensive?

I was going to get these from Kiravans as they have good reviews, but they were out of stock at the time: VW T5 silver cab screens

Ended up with the ones from Campervan Parts and I'm pleased with them so far (albeit we've only used them for one weekend). Very dark inside once they're up, fit the windows/windscreen really well and come with a carry bag. Only downside is that some of the suckers lost their stick after 12-18 hours and had to be reattached, but the blinds themselves stayed in place and this is in line with feedback I've seen elsewhere, so perhaps to be expected.

A good tip I read (probably on here!) was to soak the suckers in water to soften them before you attach to the blinds.

No problem Sean that makes sense, I am just after the suckered blinds as they will be used fairly infrequently.

Back