The VW Wave

The science behind the wave translates well to the Landy wave. My wife isn't going to appreciate this as she was embarrassed at my waving and thought it had passed with my Landy ownership.

I waved to a bloke coming out of a pub carpark in a red T5 on Sunday as I bozzed past, he looked shocked but waved back.
An article written so tongue-in-cheek serious will throw a lot of people. That's why we have the tabloids to dumb down the news! ;)

Hi, I was wondering if there is an equivalent to the ‘biker nod’ when you see another T5/T6.

This may help…..

Hi, I was wondering if there is an equivalent to the ‘biker nod’ when you see another T5/T6.
Apparently there is , on my short journey back (30 miles) from collecting my first and new camper I was enthusiastically waved at by a random woman walking towards me (guessing mistaken identity maybe ) and had little waves from 2 further camper owners along the A road home. Made me smile to be honest

The VW wave is discussed in another thread. It applies to all VW vans.... except the commercial vans driven by miserable fat blokes with their arse hanging out of dirty jeans.
(That ought to generate a comment or two!)
:D

The VW wave is discussed in another thread. It applies to all VW vans.... except the commercial vans driven by miserable fat blokes with their arse hanging out of dirty jeans.
(That ought to generate a comment or two!)
:D
My van isn’t commercial, but the rest of the description is correct - summed me up accurately!

I just wave at them all, commercial or not, they don't half look confused sometimes..

The white van men snarl at you sometimes. Or at best give the two finger wave. :thumbsdown:

So I have been driving around Devon in my T6 waving to all other T4/5/6 drivers and no response.
Today I counted 28 times I waved and in return I got one wave back.

Disappointing return on my energy given.

Back