The VW Wave

i must say, you transporter bunch are a friendly lot.

I've driven vans for years but since june i've been a t6 owner and the amount of other transporter drivers that give me the nod and wave is insane!

is this a thing? or are the south wales people particularly friendly?
Plenty of waves in North Yorkshire. We wave at T2, T25, T4 andT5s as well. Get waves back from all variants.

I've driven vans for years but since june i've been a t6 owner and the amount of other transporter drivers that give me the nod and wave is insane!

think i need to up my wave game, embrace the transporter life style!
You could start here...

I went to north Wales last weekend and did a little experiment with the Wave. We passed 48 VW campervan, 32 waved back, 16 did not(is that because they where not looking I do not know) wave back.
It was mostly T6 & 6.1s who did not wave back. The old Ts did.

Just food for thought

I went to north Wales last weekend and did a little experiment with the Wave. We passed 48 VW campervan, 32 waved back, 16 did not(is that because they where not looking I do not know) wave back.
It was mostly T6 & 6.1s who did not wave back. The old Ts did.

Just food for thought
I always wave, old Ts nearly always do. Not many 6.1s or California's. If converted or modded then most of them do. Sometimes I don't notice one and missus says they just waved.

My experience is that female VDubers are far less likely to wave back than blokes. Obviously some might be reticent to reciprocate a wave from a strange bloke [ahem], but a lot don't seem to even see the waving - they don't lift their gaze from directly in front of their van. Concentrating on driving? Ker :rolleyes: - it'll never catch on.

I did a great wave the other day at some knob jockey who just had to get past me as soon as he had finished munching on our bumper and the single lane expanded to two lanes.
His lane was already filled with fellow speedy boarders, who'd have thought, leaving us steaming past on the inside ignoring him trying to squeeze back in, borrowed the arm out the window downturned Vee signal from Sons of Anarchy, I hope it doesn't mean nice driving buddy. :whistle:
Edit, apparently it's pretty much peace out so that's annoying. :geek:

Last edited:
I did a great wave the other day at some knob jockey who just had to get past me as soon as he had finished munching on our bumper and the single lane expanded to two lanes.
His lane was already filled with fellow speedy boarders, who'd have thought, leaving us steaming past on the inside ignoring him trying to squeeze back in, borrowed the arm out the window downturned Vee signal from Sons of Anarchy, I hope it doesn't mean nice driving buddy. :whistle:
Edit, apparently it's pretty much peace out so that's annoying. :geek:
Shame - it could have easily meant peace off!

I only had mine for 4 weeks now and 9 out of 10 wave find my self doing it with out thought

Back