Review: The Van Cave

Paid my first visit to Chris at The Van Cave this weekend for some slight tweaks on my stance.

Chris is professional in every aspect of his work with good communication prior to my visit to discuss the best approach.

I’ve owned Transporters for the last 15 years and used many different garages but none have had the passion for vans like Chris does.

I’ll certainly be using the Van Cave for any future work I need doing.

I’m not one to do reviews but thought this was the perfect time.
The work by Chris at The van cave is exceptional, from the first point of contact I was put at easy by his enthusiasm for the transporter. With lots of messages and phone calls we had a plan and more importantly a date.
After a 4hr drive I was welcomed into the cave like I had been there hundreds of times, it’s a fantastic unit with all the equipment laid out for me to view. It’s quite daunting leaving the van but was but not once was I worried.
During the week the communication was amazing having an update every evening on the progress. Not all things go according to plan and it’s how these are delt with that sets Chris apart from a lot of others, nothing was to much trouble.
On collection I was greeted with a clean well presented van and I can honestly say I was lost for words I’m over the moon with the outcome, exactly what I wanted and more.
We already have a list of further modifications and tbh I can’t wait.
Thank you Chris for all your hard work.

3474C075-F7FC-4EC7-AF14-516F50564450.jpeg

3EF3FEF9-78DB-45F9-9FAE-00CD61649D90.jpeg

The work by Chris at The van cave is exceptional, from the first point of contact I was put at easy by his enthusiasm for the transporter. With lots of messages and phone calls we had a plan and more importantly a date.
After a 4hr drive I was welcomed into the cave like I had been there hundreds of times, it’s a fantastic unit with all the equipment laid out for me to view. It’s quite daunting leaving the van but was but not once was I worried.
During the week the communication was amazing having an update every evening on the progress. Not all things go according to plan and it’s how these are delt with that sets Chris apart from a lot of others, nothing was to much trouble.
On collection I was greeted with a clean well presented van and I can honestly say I was lost for words I’m over the moon with the outcome, exactly what I wanted and more.

View attachment 187984

View attachment 187985
Nice one Chris, a deserved review for @The Van Cave

View attachment 187984

View attachment 187985
Thanks for such positive feedback Rob. Yours is a stunning van with an incredible spec and I’m delighted to have been able to help you achieve these results!

My first review on the forum goes to the main man Chris @The Van Cave .
Great service, very patient while I changed my mind 4000 times.
Fitted Solow Air Ride, his very own Navis wheels and replaced the front splitter.
I highly recommend and certainly worth the 200+ mile round trip.
20230303_170806.jpg

So I’m not normally one to write reviews but chris definitely deserves one after the outstanding work that he did to my van over the last few days. I came to see Chris to have a full carpet line and a suede headliner along with some spot lights! All I can say is wow what a top job chris has done and what a great guy he is. It looks fantastic and to say I’m over the moon is an understatement!
I will definitely be returning to the cave for additional work In the future. Chris really will go above and behind to make sure his customer is happy and satisfied-well worth the 6hr round trip!

Thanks chris top job!

Another happy Van Cave customer here. I lurked and browsed for a very long time on here before deciding to contact Chris. Easy to deal with, honest and straightforward advice and no pressure. STX’s and an ARB upgrade have made our back heavy camper nice and level and so much nicer to drive. Massive bonus as well that it looks so much better! Thanks Chris!

Before: IMG_7622.jpeg

After:
IMG_7708.jpeg

The time had come for an ARB upgrade, two years after my first visit to The Van Cave for Koni Shocks to be fitted ( Review: The Van Cave ).

Chris has sorted a few other things for me since then and so I had no hesitation in seeking his advice before handing over my keys and letting him do his thing once more.

Screenshot_20230928_140523_Gallery.jpg

Great service as always - the Koni Shocks alone were unquestionably a massive improvement on stock, though the addition of H&R ARBs has resulted in a further enhanced ride when navigating the twisty stuff. I love the new handling characteristics of my heavy camper!

As before, I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending The Van Cave. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
2nd visit for me to the Van Cave, this time for some front end mods, THQ V3 headlights, lower gloss black grilles with DRL 's, gloss black fog surrounds and a splitter, I can't rate Chris highly enough, great service from fitment to communication. Highly recommended for all your Bus needs
Thanks again Chris, lights are bloody fantastic, well chuffed

Before
IMG_1296.JPGIMG_1297.JPGIMG_1298.JPG

After
IMG_1299.JPGIMG_1300.JPGIMG_1302.JPG

Thanks Chris!

Well, some wheels came up (Rotiform DTM) and after I missed out on the last set I fancied (my fault for umming and arrrrring) when these came up, I jumped at the chance, a message on Instagram and on here to say me me me me me me!!! But I was 2nd in line - which is a great honest way of doing things, anyway, I then get a message over the weekend saying they are mine, an invoice appeared, I called and made payment Monday PM, delivery confirmed within no time, Wednesday morning (today) they were delivered, 2.5 hours later, tyres mounted and fitted to the van!

How’s that for efficiency!!

Thanks again! And I will definitely use you in the future!

View attachment 146096

View attachment 146097

View attachment 146098
What size tyres are you running on these?

I've just had my suspension swapped and the van lowered by Chris at the Van Cave! We travelled up from Falmouth, Cornwall and stayed overnight because he came recommended on this forum. He's very knowledgeable and put my mind at ease with the questions I had regarding weight/lowering the vehicle. I'll probably be back for a wheel swap in the future and I know my wife will let me as she enjoyed her evening meal at the Five Dials Inn :D!

The ride home was awesome! Before it felt like a bouncy castle on wheels... now after ST-X suspension and 50mm lowering it handles like a dream.

Thanks Chris!

Hopefully see you again!

Back