The New Sca 290 High Roof

Chris Joyce

T6 Pro
Good evening all!

We are close to narrowing down our choice of pop top roof and are between the Hilo sport and the sca 194 ‘high’.

When doing some research on Banways website I noticed they had some pictures and infor of the new sca 290. I believe it’s been on display at the nec this week.

Did anyone managed to attend and take a look at this? There’s not a huge amount of detail regarding the exact spec.

Banways site suggest they will be rolling out some demo models to various fitters with a view to supplying them later in the year.

Curious as to wether the canvas is going to be a full panoramic, the pictures suggest this looks possible.

Thanks

Hi Chris what roof did you go with in the end? I have been checking out the 290 193 and 194 SCA roofs. I steered away from HiLo on the basis of quite a few negative reviews.

Hi, has anyone had the SCA 290 installed? Thinking of getting one, but interested in any first hand experiences.
Thanks

I can’t help but wonder if these really high roofs are a bit of a worry in windy conditions. How high do we really need, it’s for sleeping and sha66ing in and not much else.

Good evening all!

We are close to narrowing down our choice of pop top roof and are between the Hilo sport and the sca 194 ‘high’.

When doing some research on Banways website I noticed they had some pictures and infor of the new sca 290. I believe it’s been on display at the nec this week.

Did anyone managed to attend and take a look at this? There’s not a huge amount of detail regarding the exact spec.

Banways site suggest they will be rolling out some demo models to various fitters with a view to supplying them later in the year.

Curious as to wether the canvas is going to be a full panoramic, the pictures suggest this looks possible.

Thanks

Did you opt for the 290 after?

I like the lock mechanism and neat finish to the roof hatch above the driver but how robust is it? Does it clip securely in place?

Back