The 'M' word now banned.....

I'd be more inclined to take it as the Stupid Brits cant speak anything but English (usually badly) and couldnt get a message right.
So in true English fashion we made a game out of it.

THe person who speaks 3 languages is TRI-lingual
THe person who speaks two languages is BI-lingual
The person who speaks one linguage is ENGLISH!

Who's offended?

I'd be more inclined to take it as the Stupid Brits cant speak anything but English (usually badly) and couldnt get a message right.

Who's offended?
Dunno! I’m tri- lingual!!!

Who's offended?
I'm trying to work out if you're insulting all British people or just those who don't speak additional languages, i.e. most of us! Either way I'm sure you know that stupid Brits are among the best, globally, in science, engineering and technology, as well as vaccine development.

I'm trying to work out if you're insulting all British people or just those who don't speak additional languages, i.e. most of us! Either way I'm sure you know that stupid Brits are among the best, globally, in science, engineering and technology, as well as vaccine development.

Thats the point. I've travelled the world and I absolutely agree with you. We are self depricating, hilarious, easy going (mostly) and in demand; as these "stupid brits" have built the biggest and the best around the world, made stuff work and generally been involved in the best of everything, yet, this little phrase, which pokes at our own incapability at other languages seems to be taken as us being racist. The "predetermined to be offended" tribe are taking over and its time to stop.

Call me an old fart, but I'm sick to the back teeth of people being terrified of exercising their free speech for fear of offending someone.
It seems that every day, something new rears it's head which causes offence.
Cast your minds back quite a few years when Robinsons jam cancelled their trademark figure. It was a revelation! Fast forward to the current day. You could write a book about the words, phrases, situations that people feel cause offence.
I believe the majority of people who raise the issues are NOT the people who should be offended, but the woke snowflakes who feel that the said people may be offended.
I genuinely despair the direction this country seems to be heading over the past few years.

Someone might be offended about The Isle of Wight... Change it isle of colour.

I'm offended that your think someone might be offended.... WokeScrotes

There was some hairy, left footed woke type on the radio the other day saying how unacceptable it was to have the piss taken for being ginger. Gingerisum goes un punished and gingerists must be cancelled. Apparently the ginger community (I kid you not) should make a fuss and make sure it's considered to be as unacceptable as all the other 'isms.

Now I'm a ginger, perhaps not as bright red as I was was at school in the 70's and 80's, so I've had my fair share, but it was no biggy.
Its not ginger its strawberry blonde apparently but if the was the case how am I supposed to say GWA

Back