The Annual T6F Pilgrimage to Bala Lake

It sure was an awesome weekend, good to see our daughter having an laugh in the lake with the help from Chris, Loz's lad. Thanks to everyone, it was like we had known each other years. Roll on the next one....

That is one awesome pic Loz, Elaine and I had a chuckle....
Thanks for sorting my mirrors, found out today tyre pressure monitor needs coding lol

Not sure if your aware of this so will re quote it here (below), as I take it you've just had comfort closing enabled..

Below quote is from bottom of p11 of this thread..

Now you have comfort closure and what with this weather being hot.. A trick..

When you lock the van and hold the close button to fold mirrors, it also does up your windows, until you release the lock button..

But.......

When you walk up to your hot van, remote works from a distance.. So..........

You press and hold the unlock button, and the Windows will go down, until you release the button, so allowing the van to start to cool down as you walk up to it.. :thumbsup::)

Hope this helps....

Not sure if your aware of this so will re quote it here (below), as I take it you've just had comfort closing enabled..

Below quote is from bottom of p11 of this thread..

Hope this helps....
Anyone else surprised how far away the remote actually works, mine operates from a long way off, around 30-40 yards!

Anyone else surprised how far away the remote actually works, mine operates from a long way off, around 30-40 yards!
an oddly enough, can be extended even further if you hold the extended key up underneath your chin whilst pressing the button. :confused::cool::sneaky:

an oddly enough, can be extended even further if you hold the extended key up underneath your chin whilst pressing the button. :confused::cool::sneaky:
Although you have to wonder what it is doing to the contents of your cranium when it turns it into a radar dish. Maybe what we all need is a little TV style aerial on the top of our heads as so beautifully demonstrated by an unarmed person at Bala?

Although you have to wonder what it is doing to the contents of your cranium when it turns it into a radar dish. Maybe what we all need is a little TV style aerial on the top of our heads as so beautifully demonstrated by an unarmed person at Bala?

Note to all who read this comment... It is a leg pulling and aimed at NOBODY...

They don't appear to shut some owners up though no matter where they hold the remote so effects should not be too bad.... :eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: Loz
Reckon we could turn that into Sock Monkey Saturday?

Superb weekend, fantastic fun with great families. Even though few of us had ever met (poss just me and @Fish), but the way everyone just fell straight in, it was as though we'd all known each other for years.
It was so relaxing and so nice to have people with similar aged kids that could just run round safely together. No airs nor graces
@Pauly's kids got out on the dinghy's with my kids and it just seemed to be massive smiles all round.
Big thanks to @Loz Jnr for giving the kids a master class in Stand Up Paddleboarding.

Don't care where the next meet is, so long as there is water where the kids can go and have fun. Or something similar to keep them amused.

Great time folks.
It was great to meet some of you guys and good that my recommendation for Glanllyn worked out well for you. We are just sorry that we were unable to spend an awful lot of time with you as a result of the group I was hosting here.

I'm still here until tomorrow but most of my group have now gone home.

Hopefully I'll get to join in with you all a bit more next time.

As for location, we too are always on the lookout for sites like Glanllyn that allow us to store boats by our units and launch direct into a decent body of water from the site but they seem to be few and far between. We have another we used last year on the shores of Ullswater, Bank House Farm, we are returning to later in the year - it was good but not quite as good as Glanllyn. Any recommendations gratefully received!!

Until next time....

If you hold it next to your temple it goes even further ;)
That could be because the tendency when doing that is you have the mouth closed and are looking at the vehicle so the skull focuses the radio waves and the only exit is the eye sockets. At least that's my theory.

Just to add to these oddities, if listening intently for a noise such as footfalls in woodland for example then open your mouth and hear faint sounds much better. Again it's probably down to the skull acting as an amplifier. Just try it and see.

What about Bala Pt2?. Seemed to be plenty of room and little something for all?. I'm sure we could organise an area to accommodate potential numbers?.
I'm going back there with my sailing buddies on the week leading upto the August Bank Holiday weekend (Fri 18 to Fri 25 August).

Back