Thanks to the T6Forum (Dellmassive, Loz and Travelvolts) DC/DC and inverter fitted

G00seman

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Installed under the drivers seat a Renogy 30A DC/DC with bt and a small 500w Bestek psw inverter under seat with leisure battery. I reckon it took 4 hours total, taking it easy. Also ran a Mains cable for future project 'Under bonnet EHU'.
I couldn't have done it without the help from this forum, in particular the eletrikery diagnosis from @Loz, encyclopedic @Dellmassive and the routing instructions from @travelvolts . Thank you so much to everyone who contributes!

Monitoring charging of batteries with BM2's and all is well - it works - no big sparks or smoke so all good.

Very pleased with outcome!
Thanks all

Van1.jpg

Van2.jpg

Van3.jpg

Van4.jpg

Last edited:
So the next thing was to put fused switches for the (switches themselves), lights and 12v sockets.

vanSwitches.jpg
The Bestek 500W Inverter has a fan(Not noisy, but noticeable) and the ON/Off switch is on the side of the inverter under the seat.. where you can't get to it....
So I used one of the fused switches to power a 30A relay which breaks the inverter power connection when not in use. - (Power Socket)

vanrelay1.jpg

The milk frother uses 410W and heats the milk up for an enjoyable latte... it only runs for 3 mins = acceptable coffee experience and proof of operation...

vanlatte.jpg

I had to decide whether to provide additional power (Through Solar) now, or if it would be better to reduce power consumption and save the Solar for another day (The thought of roof fixing puts me off).
So, for now, I decided to replace the power hungry Coolbox, with a compressor fridge (ordered) and see how I get on for now...

The leisure battery (Bosch L5 008 - 75Ah) ran the coolbox for about 14hrs (@48W / 4A) before getting really low. I had a couple of 2hr runs which topped it back up again through the DC/DC. Hoping to get 2/3days with a compressor fridge off of the leisure battery.

Operation EHU next...

Reactions: CAB
Back