Tent options for French summer surf trip

huw169

Black 199 Shuttle
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Fully admit, this is me being a bit lazy, but the search did not show much.

We are heading down west coast of France this summer. Me, wife and 12 yo daughter. Going light. Surf sup, board, body boards, wet suits, snorkel stuff. No cooking facilities, or paraphernalia. Eat on the hoof. You get the idea.

We can sleep in the van, but we’d like a very quick to erect (air probably) 3 or 4 man tent just for sleeping in. Doesn’t need much in the way of ‘living space’ as we have a Khyam Airtek 6 for those extended camping stays. We intend on moving frequently and not using it every night, so the more compact when packed the better, and easy setup is key.

Anyone got something for similar use? If so, what? And if you could change/improve some aspect of camping in this manner, what would it be?
Any input great fully received.
Thanks

In the South West of France any cheap and cheerful tent will do you. Air tents are usually a lot heavier and bulkier than pole tents. You’ll want something that allows plenty of ventilation (not just a token vent)

Call in the first Decathlon you see & buy a couple of 3 second pop up tents. A medium for you & the missus & a little ‘un for the sprog.

Fully admit, this is me being a bit lazy, but the search did not show much.

We are heading down west coast of France this summer. Me, wife and 12 yo daughter. Going light. Surf sup, board, body boards, wet suits, snorkel stuff. No cooking facilities, or paraphernalia. Eat on the hoof. You get the idea.

We can sleep in the van, but we’d like a very quick to erect (air probably) 3 or 4 man tent just for sleeping in. Doesn’t need much in the way of ‘living space’ as we have a Khyam Airtek 6 for those extended camping stays. We intend on moving frequently and not using it every night, so the more compact when packed the better, and easy setup is key.

Anyone got something for similar use? If so, what? And if you could change/improve some aspect of camping in this manner, what would it be?
Any input great fully received.
Thanks
If you are in Northumberland, we have a Quecha 4 man tent for you. Quick to put up, folds down into a circle. Needs a good home.

You are right Jog, its never let us down. Its only been used 4 times before we bought a Kampa Southwold 8. (needed more space due to disability) Now its surplus to requirements. Excellent
Condition, stored in indoor storage. I think it might enjoy a trip to France ! ; )

If you are in Northumberland, we have a Quecha 4 man tent for you. Quick to put up, folds down into a circle. Needs a good home.
Many thanks for the offer, but I have wrestled with those pop ups before.
SWMBO would not go for one of those again.

Back