The B14’s are tuned to work together, so will always be the complete package. We’ve taken all sorted of springs and springs/shocks off vehicles to replace with B14’s.

My head's about to explode here..lol

£1080 for B14 Kit. Lots of cash. Bilstein is a old company with a great reputation for good quality gear.

£270 for Stance+ street kit. Made in China. Unknown company..but seems to have an ok reputation from the limited stuff I've read on here.

Here's my Problem. YES..I know that the B14 is quality stuff..but is it 5 times better than the Asian stuff? I could buy 3 kits for spares and still have plenty cash leftover.

My Heart says Bilstein, because I want the best quality money can buy...but my head says buy the stance..spend £270..if it breaks in a couple of years..buy another kit...i've still saved hundreds..please please help..lol...I really don't know what to do.

There is another factor to consider in this, which is something I have been concerned about since putting B14’s on my van.
Bilstein will not sell you a single strut or a single spring in the event that you have a failure of a component. Let’s be honest springs break, struts get leaky, (that’s why they are checked at MOT time). So if that happens you will either have to buy a pair of struts/ springs, or a complete set!!!! :thumbsdown:
Haven’t managed to identity exactly which of these is the actual resolution.

Let’s be honest springs break, struts get leaky, (that’s why they are checked at MOT time). So if that happens you will either have to buy a pair of struts/ springs, or a complete set!!!! :thumbsdown:

@BognorMotors what do you guys make of this, be interested to hear your comments? Surely they come with a warranty?

My head's about to explode here..lol

£1080 for B14 Kit. Lots of cash. Bilstein is a old company with a great reputation for good quality gear.

£270 for Stance+ street kit. Made in China. Unknown company..but seems to have an ok reputation from the limited stuff I've read on here.

Here's my Problem. YES..I know that the B14 is quality stuff..but is it 5 times better than the Asian stuff? I could buy 3 kits for spares and still have plenty cash leftover.

My Heart says Bilstein, because I want the best quality money can buy...but my head says buy the stance..spend £270..if it breaks in a couple of years..buy another kit...i've still saved hundreds..please please help..lol...I really don't know what to do.
But it’s not just to whether something breaks, it’s how well it works. You presumably bought a T6 because it had qualities you valued rather than just because it may break less than a cheaper e.g. Traffic. I am assuming that Bilsteins will perform better and be less likely to break than a cheap Chinese version. Yes it’s a lot more money, but over the 10 year life of a van not such a big deal?

Bilstein come with a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser I believe, google it.

Bilstein come with a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser I believe, google it.
Not from what I can see on their website; wear and tear not included.

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
BILSTEIN warrants to the original retail purchaser that each gas pressure shock shall be free from defects in material and workmanship. This warranty is non-transferable and does not cover normal wear and tear. Proof of purchase is required to process warranty.

I suppose what im getting at is this:

Im keeping the van for at least 4yrs..which is the length of the pcp..i may well keep it longer..or i may sell or upgrade...who knows. All the bits im buying..can be installed and removed for the original kit if i decide to upgrade or sell. If the stance kit only lasts a couple of years..its cheap enough..i can always buy a new kit. I really want to invest in the expensive kit..but if im only keeping the Van for a relatively short time..should i invest heavily in it or invest just enough to get it how i want it..but not enough to feel tied to it. Also this way i can afford to get all the wee bits for the van...

I suppose if this was my forever van...i would blow big money..but its unlikely.

I suppose what im getting at is this:

Im keeping the van for at least 4yrs..which is the length of the pcp..i may well keep it longer..or i may sell or upgrade...who knows. All the bits im buying..can be installed and removed for the original kit if i decide to upgrade or sell. If the stance kit only lasts a couple of years..its cheap enough..i can always buy a new kit. I really want to invest in the expensive kit..but if im only keeping the Van for a relatively short time..should i invest heavily in it or invest just enough to get it how i want it..but not enough to feel tied to it. Also this way i can afford to get all the wee bits for the van...

I suppose if this was my forever van...i would blow big money..but its unlikely.
Then I think you have answered the conundrum yourself in the final sentence.

The key fact is they are fully adjustable.

I went from the same springs as you, on the same T32, to B14s. I wouldn't go as far to say they are more comfortable because mine are set on lowest, making it a hard ride. However, I would go coilovers every time, be it B14, or more likely the new Solow setup from Transporter HQ, because they are reported to be a little more comfortable at lower settings.

Consider uprated anti roll bars if your budget can stretch to them. My opinion is they work better as a whole, combined with coilovers.

Hi, I'd be interested in your view of the Transporter HQ So-Low setup as I'm considering the same but setting them high with the view that they will not put the van too low and still provide some spring / damper performance due to not being at the low end of their setup (makes sense in my head anyway!).

Hi, I'd be interested in your view of the Transporter HQ So-Low setup as I'm considering the same but setting them high with the view that they will not put the van too low and still provide some spring / damper performance due to not being at the low end of their setup (makes sense in my head anyway!).

@T6180 is your man to answer that, he's got a set on his T6

@T6180 is your man to answer that, he's got a set on his T6

The beauty of the solows are you can drop it as low as b14s without being fully wound down so the comfort is much better. I'm not sure on out the box setup but I think it's a 50mm drop from std height....give me a sec and I'll see what THQ say..

What is the highest setting compared with standard ?

I'm on a 40mm drop with H&R springs and would like it higher, not much, just enough I don't touch my ABT spoiler coming out a driveway.

What is the highest setting compared with standard ?

I'm on a 40mm drop with H&R springs and would like it higher, not much, just enough I don't touch my ABT spoiler coming out a driveway.

see my last post, if you want to go higher solows arnt for you, but even b14s are roughly 40mm lower out the box...THQ do a lift kit for their swamper setup or you could just go 30mm drop springs

Thats what I would like to do. So it sounds like SoLo set at their highest are 10mm lower than B14s. Decisions decisions...

Plus I wonder about them going on my drive. @T6180 , free coffee available next time your in Manchester at a loose end..... there is on site parking as well :whistle:

Last edited:
Thats what I would like to do. So it sounds like SoLo set at their highest are 10mm lower than B14s. Decisions decisions...

Plus I wonder about them going on my drive. @T6180 , free coffee available next time your in Manchester at a loose end..... there is on site parking as well :whistle:
I've taken the plunge and told TransporterHQ to go with the SoLow's at max setting. I'll post a picture and some feedback next week once the work is complete

see my last post, if you want to go higher solows arnt for you, but even b14s are roughly 40mm lower out the box...THQ do a lift kit for their swamper setup or you could just go 30mm drop springs
Hmm, not sure what you mean there.
Basically I like the height just now and don't want any lower, if I can I'd choose +10mm just to give that wee bit extra clearance without losing the look.

I already have lowering springs, it's the ride comfort I'm after also.

Having a swamper raised up with the ABT kit would look rubbish

Back