1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team White

Discussion in 'Show Us Your T6' started by DaveBos, 3 Jul 2016.

1. Buggirl

Buggirl Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Welcome and loving the wheels!

T6Woody likes this.
  2. T6Woody

T6Woody New Member

Thanks guys. Headlights are awesome on the S3!

3. T6Woody

T6Woody New Member

Love the Stormers mate. Had the 20" diamond cut with gloss black on my old T5.

4. Buggirl

Map
    image.jpeg image.jpeg Nothing posted in team white for a bit so thought I would show off the icey pics of mine....

Vinci, andythom188 and StudleyGlass like this.
  5. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Combi Highline VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Good idea @Buggirl. proper frost that is ! Thank god for heated screens i say :thumbsup:

Buggirl and Rob like this.
  6. Potters

Potters Member

Map
    I'm a team white. Having a few drinks on new year with a t5 owner. Was told if I turn up to camper jam in my new T6 I'd be snubbed. Is the divide that bad, I know the older split screen and bay window owners are prob not fans of the newer vans but still. I'm going anyway

7. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Well that's just sad. However have heard similar crap, equally T5 owners are well known in the roads for being unable to return a wave from a T6.

8. DaveBos

DaveBos Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Surprisingly, I seem to get more waves from T4 drivers, maybe they are more into Dubs than some T5 owners who just like the sportline image.

9. Vinci

Vinci Member VIP Member

Map
    Clearly the VW van population haven't evolved to the level of the biker nod, it doesn't matter what you ride, you are a biker and get an acknowledgement.....there are exceptions of course, scooter riders for example, unless they are youngsters with ambition . Hopefully we will get there....keep waving.....I can't yet tell at a glance what T is what of the modern lot. Like I said in another post, I am a newbie!!!!

Mojo and Markey like this.
  10. Buggirl

Map
    I get a lot of waves from t4s, t5s and even from a splitty a few months back. T25 owners no. I remember when I went from my 72 bay to a 2006 T5 and there were very few T5s being converted at that point and I turned up at Vanfext 2010 and got so much attention it was amazing. I have owned a splitty too and various bugs and other VEE dubs and I will always wave no matter what. You just got to keep waving. The only reason some of the T5 lot are a bit iffy at the moment is up until the T6 they considered having the newest VEE dub was like a status thing (and this is only a few of them I add) now something new is here and it threatens their status.
    You also get this with some splitty owners of 55k plus buses that think they are a cut above too. These sorts of people have brought into the Volkswagen scene for all the wrong reasons! It's about a way of life, helping and supporting each other and keeping the scene going not about who has the dearest alloys or fastest engine.

surf-report, Paul and Caravellet6 like this.
  11. Vinci

Vinci Member VIP Member

Map
    Yep, I can see similarities with the biking community.

12. Teejay1

Teejay1 Member T6 Pro

Map
    I've just bought my first candy white T6 it's a California. Does that mean I'm hated already ?

Polzeylad and Buggirl like this.
  13. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Only if you post solely in California Corner. If you come into team white as well then we'll not hold the California bit against you - well not too much anyway! ;)

Rob, T6 Dave's Dad and T6 Dave like this.
  14. StudleyGlass

Map
    welcome @Teejay1 every one is welcome on this forum, especially in team white :thumbsup:

15. Teejay1

Teejay1 Member T6 Pro

Map
    Well to be honest, I didn't want one ( a camper) I wanted a new XC60. We've camped for many years and my wife was dead set on trying it. After a hire, I've never been in a more comfortable car, it's epic. I didn't want white either, but now I have it I LOVE it. I've never been that bothered by cars they were always just a tool to get me there and back. I've washed it more in 2 months than the last one in 6 years !
    Easier to drive than the Volvo and much more comfy. I do have troubles getting the temp just right. Either my arm has a draft or my lower legs. Are there any tricks?

Quick question, I keep going back and forth with detailing or not and wondered if its really worth it with a candy white?

I have some pics somewhere when it was clean.

Location, location, location
    TEEL5626.jpg

... message ends ...

Last edited: 9 Jan 2017
  16. StudleyGlass

Map
  17. T6 Dave

T6 Dave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Welcome to the madhouse @Teejay1 , or in your case the asylum? with a Cali:thumbsdown::whistle::thumbsup::rofl::rofl::rofl: Leg pulling aside, enjoy the ride and here's to many a smile per mile:thumbsup:

18. Buggirl

Map
    Hello and welcome! Awesome bus! Detailing is a must. Bus looks awesome afterwards. I would do it yourself though. Much more satisfying and cheaper! As for heating/temp are you referring to in cab or whilst camping?

19. Teejay1

Teejay1 Member T6 Pro

Map
    It's when in the cab. Camping is no problem as I have the diesel heating.

20. Polzeylad

Polzeylad California 204 4motion VIP Member T6 Legend

Where's that? Looks amazing!!

Have you got climate control (you will if you have an Ocean)? Ours does occasionally get it slightly wrong but I usually get there in the end.