Team Candy White

Hey everyone, I'm new here, I've just bought this and have many plans that will probably require many stupid questions!
Pics are from the previous owner, I'll get some more shortly!

2017 T28 Startline, H&R Deep Drop Coilovers and banded Amorak 18" steels

f4FSro

hLN7ro

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Thanks guys!
It may take me a while,will be done bit by bit but plan to turn it into a day van for mountain biking and stealth camping.
Some great vans and inspiration on here!

Hi,

I eventually took delivery of my Kombi Highline and went to work. I have a rear spoiler at the painters to install but this is it so far...
Van.jpg
>

Van.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Stone chip deflector, window deflectors, stainless side rails and roof bars. Sportline shocks and origial wheels powder coated gloss black. Polished stainless rear bumper guard. Best addition of all though, a cargo net in the back to stop the shopping flying all over.

I have recently taken to pestering VW to have them put me in contact with the person who has the capability to permanently turn off the daft cornering lights and the infuriating stop/start function. I do believe that they either can't read or think I'm thick. Apparently there is a button on the dashboard for the stop/start! Dolts.

Chris.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm new here, I've just bought this and have many plans that will probably require many stupid questions!
Pics are from the previous owner, I'll get some more shortly!

2017 T28 Startline, H&R Deep Drop Coilovers and banded Amorak 18" steels

f4FSro

hLN7ro

View attachment 25193

View attachment 25194

I'm sure they are my old banded 18's on that beast. What was the name of that chap who had them off me @T6180? He had the same T6 looking stock, low and none-painted front bumper.

By the way, I really like that stock, low on banded steel look. Even more so on a panel van. :thumbsup:

Edit: Yes they are. I purchased them off @T6180, then sold them unused to the chap you got the van from. Small world and all that guff.

I'm sure they are my old banded 18's on that beast. What was the name of that chap who had them off me @T6180? He had the same T6 looking stock, low and none-painted front bumper.

By the way, I really like that stock, low on banded steel look. Even more so on a panel van. :thumbsup:

Edit: Yes they are. I purchased them off @T6180, then sold them unused to the chap you got the van from. Small world and all that guff.

They are indeed @Tourershine

+1 for Team White! Factory Kombi, SWB, T32, 204, 4-motion, DSG. Done as far as I planned for now at least! I wanted to try to give something back here as the forum has be SO helpful for me.

Main pain points were:
  • decision on lowering - wanted coil-overs but settled on -50mm H&Rs. Easier and less expensive than coil-overs and ride is acceptable
  • Finding properly load rated staggered 20” alloys (10.5J R, 9.0J F) to my taste drove me insane. These are 1AV ZX4s
  • Even more problematic - finding properly load rated premium brand tyres with lowish sidewall profile. I plumped for Pirelli PZeros which meet load spec and aren’t balloons! 245/45/20 103y fronts & 275/40/20 106y rear. Speedo runs marginally slow according to calculators but not so i’d notice.
  • Deliberated on front splitter and went factory. Still not sure that’s best at times though!
Other spec:
  • Interior insulation, line-out, LEDs and USB charging points.
  • Black Bentley stitch leather re-trim with sliver stitch.
  • Transporter HQ LED headlamp and LED fogs.
  • Factory rear spoiler.
  • Factory roof bars
  • Aftermarket side bars

ABEC5EEB-A573-48B6-A9A7-A163A2A02771.jpeg

A1B86021-C395-4D93-8EF4-C43F57D496B8.jpeg

1B6EE431-39DB-43CD-9DE3-44C2145EFF5F.jpeg

B614BE93-3811-449C-9D36-BF11CD35D6C1.jpeg

45B5646E-4B8F-417A-ACD1-62914A3064A9.jpeg

CEF3CBFA-4441-47E0-9933-260FA2337EE6.jpeg

22147540-261E-44C5-BBBC-BE5A3DA6DDE9.jpeg

FF960DF2-4F9D-45E3-ACBF-201AB450A1A9.jpeg

+1 for Team White! Factory Kombi, SWB, T32, 204, 4-motion, DSG. Done as far as I planned for now at least! I wanted to try to give something back here as the forum has be SO helpful for me.

Main pain points were:
  • decision on lowering - wanted coil-overs but settled on -50mm H&Rs. Easier and less expensive than coil-overs and ride is acceptable
  • Finding properly load rated staggered 20” alloys (10.5J R, 9.0J F) to my taste drove me insane. These are 1AV ZX4s
  • Even more problematic - finding properly load rated premium brand tyres with lowish sidewall profile. I plumped for Pirelli PZeros which meet load spec and aren’t balloons! 245/45/20 103y fronts & 275/40/20 106y rear. Speedo runs marginally slow according to calculators but not so i’d notice.
  • Deliberated on front splitter and went factory. Still not sure that’s best at times though!
Other spec:
  • Interior insulation, line-out, LEDs and USB charging points.
  • Black Bentley stitch leather re-trim with sliver stitch.
  • Transporter HQ LED headlamp and LED fogs.
  • Factory rear spoiler.
  • Factory roof bars
  • Aftermarket side bars

View attachment 25418

View attachment 25419

View attachment 25420

View attachment 25421

View attachment 25422

View attachment 25423

View attachment 25424

View attachment 25425
Very nice look. How much did you pay for the headlights and are they any good.

Thanks. The headlamps were £475 and the light output is FAR better than standard (which isn’t difficult!). That’s not why I bought them though - they look cool! Took Transporter Hq 30 mins to install and no issues with dash warnings etc.

Thanks. The headlamps were £475 and the light output is FAR better than standard (which isn’t difficult!). That’s not why I bought them though - they look cool! Took Transporter Hq 30 mins to install and no issues with dash warnings etc.

Sure I noticed on Transporter HQ Instagram story they’re selling them for £395 now. Not happy since I paid £475 about a month ago for mine :mad:

Sure I noticed on Transporter HQ Instagram story they’re selling them for £395 now. Not happy since I paid £475 about a month ago for mine :mad:
Yes that’s new the new price on their website. It says ‘Sale’ so I don’t know how permanent the change is.

Back