Team Candy White

@Scott Munro do you have to carry a step ladder to get the bikes up there then??

Must get interesting when declaring height on cross channel bookings ;)

Yes its a fair height, I initially bought a 2 rung ladder but I had to get a 3 rung one instead to get the bikes on safely!!

We are getting the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam this summer so should be interesting when we rock up with the bikes on the roof and the caravan in tow!

Yes its a fair height, I initially bought a 2 rung ladder but I had to get a 3 rung one instead to get the bikes on safely!!

We are getting the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam this summer so should be interesting when we rock up with the bikes on the roof and the caravan in tow!
Has anyone had the bottom section if there wing mirrors panted gloss black?. My van is going in to get a panel repaired (wife hit a wall) and I’m thinking of doing this but because the bumper and grill are just Matt plastic will it look ok.

Has anyone had the bottom section if there wing mirrors panted gloss black?. My van is going in to get a panel repaired (wife hit a wall) and I’m thinking of doing this but because the bumper and grill are just Matt plastic will it look ok.

I've had every single piece on unpainted plastic Gloss Blacked, including the mirrors. It makes cleaning and waxing much easier, and looks loads better.

Just get them done anyway, they won't look out of place, plus might encourage you to do the rest of the bare plastics when you realise painted plastics are the future ;)

I've had every single piece on unpainted plastic Gloss Blacked, including the mirrors. It makes cleaning and waxing much easier, and looks loads better.

Just get them done anyway, they won't look out of place, plus might encourage you to do the rest of the bare plastics when you realise painted plastics are the future ;)
I think I will go for it but if you have any pictures can you post them. Did you get your he grills painted to.

I think I will go for it but if you have any pictures can you post them. Did you get your he grills painted to.

I had everything done. If you can take your van off the road for several days, and strip it yourself, it's not an expensive job.

Here's everything off mine that was bare plastic.

Oh and as for pictures of the finished van, I wouldn't crash Team White with a Black van :eek: I'd end up waking to a horses head on my pillow....

20171109_123320.jpg

Last edited:
I've just remembered that @StudleyGlass has done his the opposite way I think, and done White bottom with Gloss Black top, which looks really nice and a little different.

I've just remembered that @StudleyGlass has done his the opposite way I think, and done White bottom with Gloss Black top, which looks really nice and a little different.
That’s I will have a think tonight and it’s going in tomorrow for the week. I’m very tempted to just get them to do it all. Thanks

That’s I will have a think tonight and it’s going in tomorrow for the week. I’m very tempted to just get them to do it all. Thanks

If it's going in, I'd bite the bullet and do it.
It looks loads better and gives a much higher quality look, plus like I said above, much easier to maintain and no bare plastics going dull and chalky.

If it's going in, I'd bite the bullet and do it.
It looks loads better and gives a much higher quality look, plus like I said above, much easier to maintain and no bare plastics going dull and chalky.
I agree a I will get a price from him he might do a good deal as it’s in anyway. As soon as I get something I won’t done i then just look for something else to do. It’s a money pit but I love it.

Van looks great, don’t be scared of the remap, I have a Pendle remap and mine is a 102 5 speed and it’s now running a proven 174bhp. If had no problem what so ever, surly these gear boxes can handle the increase. The clutch will go before a gearbox every time and my clutch is fine.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm 80% there - such an increase from 102 > 174 - I assume this transforms the drive (and driver enjoyment etc) massively... What I miss most (I've gone from car to van) is instant acceleration - especially on the Motorway - i.e. overtaking was never an issues - simply put foot down and job done - now I find I have to ensure there a reasonable gap as whist its adequate its certainly not instant. In its defense it's a Camper and when its loaded its really loaded!

I presume there's no real noise increase etc - again I find the van somewhat noisy and a tad unrefined if you push it hard...

Nearly all reviews are favorable. There will always be some issues, but perhaps that's people getting the increase and driving very hard - I won't, well er...

Thanks

Back